If you are of the curious sort, then you may let your curiosity find haven within the text found here.
bug fixes hopefully
Version 18.4a: 1) All changes from Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch 3.02a carried over. Had just finished 3.02 when 3.02a came out. Sigh. 2) Several debug messages tracked down and removed. 8-0 3) Some random fix that I forgot already.
Version 18.3: 1) modified SOT to work with the new SOT Vigor patch so SOT healers can heal the vigor injuries and debuffs
2) fixed debug message that slipped into the mod last version
1. Asyrin now will temporarily bestow the player with a cool new power never seen in sot or any mod except one. 2. Asyrin will give you a few scrolls of the power to use later 3. Asyrin now has some interesting help with him when he arrives
Above will work without a new game
3. Teleportation coins now have a mcm option to avoid penalty.
Above feature does require a new game
Version 18.0: 18.0 is ready! This is our present to you for 2016 to celebrate the new year. Should be the last update for a while. Need to work on Awake DLC and play Skyrim and Fallout 4.
New feature: New assasins, with differing abilities and tactics. This is 1.0 . A 2.0 may or may not happen depending on feedback. A lot of the gang is now on the Fallout 4 side.
1) the master assassins are all female for first release. Cool new armor for males has just been approved for SOT use. If there is a 2.0 i will use it. 2) custom black light armor for females added to SOT. 2) Assassins prefer to attack in groups of 4 or more 3) they have the chameleon power. Lore story later. they come close to blending into the background even when hit. effect only dissapears upon death. 4) they use tactics. they will attempt to first BLEEP the mark and BLEEP him or her from BLEEP 5) added to walking encounters. will show up after player speaks to greybeards. Quest MQ105 . 6) added a single custom ambush to show off the assassins as soon as possible after MQ105. 7) made cool new unique arrows for the assassins to use . 8 ) added lesser chameleon thugs that will ambush player if in addition to above requirements the player has over 5,000 gold. The thugs are not as skilled in the chameleon art and are much easier to see. And if hit cannot maintain the concentration required for the chameleon effect, will be totally visible for a few seconds before going chameleon again. 9) added mcm option to disable feature.
Version 17.90 1) Added an additional check for surface and walking encounters: will skip spawning if player is in dialogue mode. This will not help with scenes though unless initiated with dialogue. Tested for a couple of hours, working as expected.
2) Added two malevolent evil wraiths, witches hung by the neck and back for revenge on all living beings.... had been added to dungeon encounters and night time surface encounters. Their attacks are really deadly, as their absolute hatred makes them strong (a la Sith).
3) Fixed Saarthal level 1 ctd again, for like the 100th time.
Version 17.75 minor update, only meant for new users of the mod or users who are starting a new game.
edit: uploading the file again, seems to have been cut off by nexus (12-3-2015 - 9:19am eastern usa time)
changelog:- Spiced up the boss fight in the final quest state of the Rumiirua Destruction Quest. Also added more special effects that accentuate important events during that fight.
Version 17.7 Not a major update!!!! Only use if installing SOT for the first time in your current game. If you are already playing with an earlier sot version, do not upgrade to this version unless you start a new game.
I HATE having a version for download that is not the latest I play with. And I hate making hot fixes 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. Most new users NEVER download them. Waste. So I keep the newest up even if it means a new version every few days. But , please understand, this does not mean a current user should upgrade every few days too. Clear I hope(?)
1) just one change. changed the spell Asyrin casts on player when he arrives to help. The fire shield was just too over the top with vidual effect, blinding the player for almost a minute. I modified the effect to be a hazy type of light aura instead.
Version 17.6 New Feature! New game required to use this version. But:
This version is not recommended for 17.5 users UNLESS you need extra help surving your first 15 levels of life. This if for players who cry after being one shotted, or gang rap**, or generally handed their butts on a platter.
This new feature, that can be disabled in the mcm menu under presets, will do two things:
1) When the player is hit and loses hit points, the mod picks a random number between 1 and the total hit points lost so far and will RETURN the hit points to the player. This is not guranteed victory. Getting hit too quick or by too many enemies at once will still kill you. Bad luck with hit points restored will kill you. Posion will kill you (Mephala). But generally this feature will give wet behind the ears players a fighting chance.
Note: the feature will auto disable once the player graduates to a spartan.
2) If player is in bleed out the mod will put player in a neutral faction and try to stop combat for 45 seconds. Giving player breathing room for recovering and continuing the fight. Works most of the time.
Version 17.5 The completed Walker Apocalypse, the quest can now be completed, putting an end to the hordes attacking the cities.
The Rumiirua Skyrim lore friendly books and general quest line brought to you by two talented individuals:
GhostAgent and his brother Sarx13. They spent countless hours and days over several weeks working out all the plot details. They have done an excellent job. I believe we have the best undead apocalypse quest around, in that it can be played and completed alongside the rest of the game quests.
Additonal mod content for the endgame provided by:
thecakeThiefMods - The Sword of the Eternal Phoenix - Unique Legendary Sword
Newermind43 - Hell Sword
GendunDrup - Witcher Zombie Resource
Images by snapshot artist: EMS60
Version 17.2: The separate Legendary Edition of SOT mod page has been deleted. It has served its purpose. Time was bought with it so users could migrate to the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch [USLEEP]. Starting with 17.1 this mod only supports USLEEP. Personally , I was against the change, but we need to know when resistance is futile.
Upgraders from 17.1: best to, start a new game. If not a so called clean safe is mandatory. If you do a clean save and the game/sot does not say that SkyUI is detected them, something went bad.
This version includes:
1) Saalthal ctd fixed, and records in that dungeons heavily cleaned up. 2) Version 2.0 of the new Oils feature courtesy of Sable17 at http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67859/? Now features: a) Uses you can expect from the Oils depends on your smithing skill. Player starts off with 2 uses, as oils last longer than potions even at lowest skill. This is evaluated every time you level up.
The table for the uses is:
SMITHING LEVEL AND OIL USES
starts with level 1 - 2 uses starts with level 20 - 3 uses starts with level 40 - 4 uses starts with level 60 - 5 uses starts with level 80 - 6 uses
Over 80 Oils are craftable and added to Skyrim. The crafting device is in Riverwood, in the blacksmith area. Will add more to other smithy stations later. Has also dynamically been added to many leveled lists as well as the Gypsy Merchant. You will thus find them thruout the world. Here is a roughly organized list of new Oils added:
OILS: Caustic Oil Basic 00CausticOilBasic 3 Health damage
1) Option to go drink mead after battle. Will teleport you to randomly chosen inn. 2) If you ask Asyrin and you are worthy, he may leave you some potions. 3) If in combat you can ask Asyrin to retreat, taking you along.
Version 17.0 Release of the new Legendary Edition!
SoT will now rely on, and require the new Unoffical Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch (which they have dubbed USLEEP).
Version 16.97: (This version was released as "Halloween Edition".)
1) Fixed Brood Rat, will not spam player with attacks if brood rat is hit with fire, etc. Added an additonal result if brood heart is hit, and made attacks from brood rat random, with a 50 percent chance. 2) Hot fixes 1 and 2 included. 3) Asyrin 1.2 done, Asyrin will now offer to have a drink at Riverwood Inn if engaged in dialogue by player. Will add more inns later.
Special installation instructions: If installing mid game, the potions will not appear unless you invoke the console and type the command : "set potionsadded to 0" Then , save game, and RELOAD the game. Safer if you exit to desktop and load the save again.
- Removal of Genesis - use standalone version instead - Addition of Chaos Shield Spell , cast while hands stay free to attack enemy - Additon of 4 Chaos Shield Potions : Ultimate Potion of Chaos Shield, Strong Potion of Chaos Shield, Potion of Chaos Shield, Weak Potion of Chaos Shield - Potions added to merchants based on player level, and dynamically for compatability with other mods
Version 16.95: I have removed Genesis from SOT. When we first created the stand alone version, if was just to be nice to the users who could not run SOT. I never planned to use it. Not for a split second. But then it got popular. Then it hit hot files. With the increased exposure I received a lot of great feedback which in turn resulted in revison upon revision. Then end result was Genesis 2.0, in effect. What Genesis should have been had I gotten that feedback before.
Genesis was tacked on to SOT. It does not use any of the heartbeat scripts. It fires on a skull found in each dungeon upon entrance. Thus, it can work standalone the same as in SOT. However, now it has more mcm options. The benefits to split it from sot are:
1) MCM menu is bigger than it used to be. Better it have its own page. For SOT, it means that much less clutter 2) Genesis needs no dlc at all 3) Alternative to users who cannot use SOT 4) Development on Genesis can continue, if needed, without forcing SOT updates. 5) Patches can be made for Genesis in a much easier fashion.
If a SOT users still wants to use Genesis, he can just download it from its page.
By the way, this is one reason why Reinforcements may not be a great thing to use standalone. It does use a heartbeat script. Making it standalone and still using SOT would thus add one more heartbeat script which is never good.
For 16.96, I am also adding the Chaos Shield spell and potions. At attempt to makethe mage in Skyim more playable. But like any other Chaos weapon from SOT, (to be continued)
*Note from GhostAgent: This version was an interum to 16.96 and did not inlcude any major changes except the removal of Genesis. Minor adjustments were not listed.
Version 16.9: Maintenance Release
1. NPC, JyrikGauldurson, missing keywords that USKP adds - CORRECTED 2. If player is in bleedout Asyrin will no longer cast the "make player ethereal" spell on player. Causes problems with Alternate Death mod. 3. CTD as soon as Dustman Cairn Lich Patrol enabled: CORRECTED 4. SOT updated for Unofficial patches v2.12 . About a dozen changes carried over. 5. Removed diagnostic message from script. Forgot which one now. Still need to find the "ran on dead one" message.
Corrects spamming of undead dragon when player attacks death knight using a constant effect, such as flames.
Version 16.8: New npc to aid the player, at random times if worthy: Asyrin The Vagabond Knight
Vagabond armor courtesy of hothtrooper44
Of special help for low level users who need a little help to survive, or high level users who under estimate the wickedness of this mod.
There is a new MCM section for the feature, called UNIQUE NPCS, with the following controls:
MCM toggle: toggle feature on or off MCM slider: Cooldown in days berfore he can help again. MCM slider: at what percentage of player health level should he appear? from 1 to 100. MCM slider: Odds of Asyrin appearing, with the die roll taking place each time the player is hit and while he is below the health level selected.
When he first appears, he will cast a grand healing spell on player, as well as fire shield. Then he starts kicking butt. He can use melee weapons and magic.
Please post ideas. If this is fun, we can make more player based npcs later and they can either be chosen as random to help player or (insert idea here).
The fishbiter npc is very cool. I was chased out by a powerful lich from the cave Ivastead and fishbiter came to my aid! Fought him off long enough to let me get a breather. Was immersive. Thinking of adding fishbiter to follower faction in case someone wants to let him tag along.
Fixed immortal skeleton
Version 16.7: Skeletons make a serious comeback!
Winter is here.
1. Overhaul of Skeletons script. No more entering a dungeon more than once or twice and finding 1000 skeletons in one room. 8-0 . Now will spawn them once you are spotted. More challenging and resource friendly. This feature is under bolstered spawns, and has already been done for draugr and falmers, spiders, etc. Skeletons was the last one. Not counting wolves...
2. Hand placed skeletons in every level of every draugr dungeon. The dead walk together. I found skelies very under used. There is a mcm toggle to turn off all new skeletons if you lose your mind. In Populated mcm menu.
*** NEW GAME REQUIRED ***
Version 16.6: 1) added Fishbiter smithy and trading post to Ivarstead. Solely needed, can be toggled off in case it conflicts. 2) fixed error where two high end crossbows were placed for no good reason in the world 3) fixed error with two spiders and their scripts. Had to remove scritp to do so. Weird. But fixed. 4) The presets had no settings for Genesis. I have corrected that, with MilkDrinker, AleDrinker, and Spartan Trainee set to no Genesis encountes. Spartan and up get Genesis encounters . 5) NEW::::: All Unofficial Patch changes are now carried over INTO SOT. No more patches for them required at all, but now the Unofficial Patches are mandatory to run this mod.
Edit: Only the Unofficial Skyrim Patch had to be added as a master, the other three did not.
Version 16.51: New game recommended.
1) Arcane Devourer - added to ALL vampire lairs, and in some traps in some places. You can toggle off, you can limit to a certain player level. Default is like level 18. ALSO added as a chance in bandit encounters to help them fight. They gladly follow them in exchange for the extra advantage of negating the magic used by the Dovahkiin.
IMPORTANT: Fishbiter will be holding special classes on how to kill the Devourer when you are a 98 pound weakling who normally relies on magic and magic weapons. I think he calls the class "Bringing out the REAL man in you" or something like that. Over 18 only, some parts are quite graphic.
2) The Damsel in Distress is released as one off. She can be found in UTTERING HILLS CAVE. Careful with her, if you accidentally strike her before she trusts you she will not follow you. Be gentle, she is not a fast walker. And likes to see the scenery. The rumor is that she is being held in the Bandit Chief's bedroom. Hopefully the rest of the rumors are not true... The reward is better than normal for rescuing her.
1) The bonemen (black skelies) can now be enabled and disabled with mcm menu. Was missing a property.
Message from Tonycubed2 shortly after release: ALL: Version 16.51 is the last version that does not require the unofficial patches. Carrying over all changes to my mod now.
1) The mod is written with the patches installed. Comatability with mod requies the same unofficial patches. 2) This mod touches EVERYTHING. Just about everyone uses the Unofficial patches. Its my responsability to make it as compatible as possible. 3) i hate having to do this though, but it is the right thing to do. :-/
Version 16.1: *********This Release NOT Upgrade Friendly*******
1- removed rogue entries found by Ladyhawke that added innocent keyword and flagged npcs as essential. Deja vu type of thing. About 100 npcs. 2- added The Elixir of Exploration - The Ultimate Dungeon Delver's Potion by LordGermanicus666 to levelled lists dynamically . Will not conflict with any levelled lists. 3- added same to genesis loot list 4- more important than any above I addressed skeletons (plain white ones) over duplicating. Did not overhaul script to 2.0, just fixed it to 1.1 so it does what it is supposed to. Added it to some more skelies including 30 or so game placed levelled skelies. End result shoul dbne more skelies but controlled by mcm menu. 5. Removed genesis skull from keep, should not have been there.
Version 16.0: Note: if u do not start a new game, the toggle for mist men populated will say yes and not work. Simply deselect the toggle and reselect it. The toggle is in populated mcm menu on the right and way at the bottom.
The version number has been promoted to new full digit due to update becoming a very significant release.
feel free to post directly to this sticky, its fine. Will allow messages to drop off periodically.
1) the black colored Bonemen skeleton are having their Bolstered spawn script overhauled. (done) 2) Genesis toons levelling is now controlled by the MCM menu that deals with Unlevelled npcs. IF the unlevelled npcs optionm is toggled on THERE, then genesis will level its npcs to the player based on the levelling options in that menu. So by turning the option to unlevelled to "ON" and by setting the three settings that control health, magicka, and stamina to 1.0, you can actually have EVERY Genesis toon levelled to the player, exactly. Or make them weaker, or stronger, or a range. YOU control it. (done) 3) As a bonus, the Genesis toons now may or may now have potions depending on the settings you pick in the same MCM menu. Spices thing up even more. (done) 4) Fort Frostmoth populated with Mist men and traps (done) 5) Wreck Of The Brinehammer populated with Mist men (done) 6) Headwaters of Harstrad, added a squad of Bone Men and introduced the first instance of the Soulless Assassin. Will use him again. (done) 7) Accidentally stumbled on three mcm menu listings where the code was wrong and thus could never display status properly of toggle. Fixed. 8 ) Burning Inferno - made enemy of player, and added aggro 3000 to it. 9) Saering's Watch is now populated, with a two wave two punch style. Took a while. Debut of the Soulless Defiler. 10) hole in the groung Stalhrim Source DLC2StalhrimSource01 is now populated with Bonemen. 11) Hamvir's Rest grave yard popualted with Bonemen trap 12) Kjenstag Ruins unmarked ruin populated with Bonemen trap 13) Skytemple Ruins at SkytempleRuinsExterior01,02,03 populated with Mist men. 14) Yorgrim Overlook populated with mist men (exterior) 15) Falkreath Watchtower lightly populated
note: all Mist Men placed can be toggled off in one shot with new mcm toggle, in populated mcm menu. Bottom right.
Version 15.83: BFB now sports a new prize: The Chaos Sword.
The weapon is not stable and eventually will implode. the longer you use it, the higher the chance of losing it. Also, it degrades faster on the surface world. Requires player to be around level 10 to wield it. Use the console command "set testme to 5" to override that. . Fixed missing floor section in bfb.
Version 15.82: Fixed a spider. Seriously, that is all.
Version 15.81: 1) Found the glitch in the Draugr bolstered spawns script. Working as intended now. 2) Mujuros greatsword fixed by Jabbalon 3) Auto pause system now implemented to stop sot from sidettracking important developments. One location exempted so far. 4) fixed passive bleak falls spider.
Version 15.8: 1) 100% reworked Draugr Bolstered feature. Will now comply with pause command in mcm menu. Will not start before mod is activated. And works like a charm as per mcm menu selections.
2) Fixed rats completely wiping out stamina regen in just one bite. Will take over 8 bites now to do that. 3) Bandits all done (same work as #1) 4) At some point hallucination spiders became pacifist . No clue how. But I fixed that as well. 5) Spiders now,comply with bolstered pause and will not start until mod activated. For the most part. Also, new features: Spider bolstered encounters now will use a list of possible spiders for variety. And will now detect if player is in dwarven ruins and if so will spawn dwarven spiders .
FISS users - again, updating will overwrite your SoTSave files. Back them up or make sure you don't install the SKSE folder while updating (made easy using Mod Organizer)
Upgrading: Either a new game or a "clean" save is required using the save game scalpel tool. CANNOT JUST OVERWRITE!!!!
Version 15.7: Genesis Fixed. 'nuff said.
1. Mind Flayers: Reworked them as follows: When you hit them there is a chance they will teleport you to pluto. Actually a random number from 100 to 6000 is picked, anything above 500 tends to be fatal. Casting feather fall avoids death, by the way. But now you have a way to counter the teleportation attack. The mind flayer cannot complete his mind attack to teleport you if he cannot see you. You have 5 to 6 seconds to get out of the mind flayers line of sight and avoid being teleported. Sort of like fighting medussa, where looking at her eyes turns you to stone. This should be make it fair and balanced, as well as a tactical fight. Changed the chance of teleportation to 35% from 20% if preset Spartan chosen to balance the new counter measure.
2. Genesis feature: Added a 60 second delay before Genesis kicks in. The bolstered feature sets up at the very beggining of entering a dungeon, competing with genesis for resources. Delaying genesis gives breathing room and avoids freezing or ctds. This issue tended to happen in big to huge dungeons.
Note: updating from 15.61 is safe. Just overwrite.
Fiss users, remember: Just want to point out to those using the FISS Save functions ... Installing this update will overwrite the saves, returning them to default. So, make backups if you need to. Will stop including them in next release, will be an optional download. Jebbalon: we should implement the feature for user save name selection. Would solve this problem. Right now its damned if we do and damned if we don't since new users will not know they are missing the fiss files. And yes, some of them are like newborns and will never figure it out.
- bugixes only - :
Note: this is not a life and death update, it can wait for a new game to start.
Our qualiity control department found some things needing fixing (Jebbalon):
The script SOT_SLMakeInvis has many papyrus errors ... (FIX ATTEMPTED) Error: Cannot register for LOS from a None actor stack: [alias Enemy1001000 on quest SquadLeaderInvisibilityDUPLICATE001 (0909405A)].SOT_SLMakeInvis.RegisterForSingleLOSGain() - "<native>" Line ? [alias Enemy1001000 on quest SquadLeaderInvisibilityDUPLICATE001 (0909405A)].SOT_SLMakeInvis.OnInit() - "SOT_SLMakeInvis.psc" Line 12
I'm wondering if the quest aliases are not filled or filling correctly.
Note: this may never be totally perfect. There are times whne 3d is not loaded for various reasons and that will cause none errors. However, I have added delays in the script to give the game a chance to catch up, and implemented a "On Hit" trick I learned a few weeks ago to avoid "On Hit" spamming with magic spells. Helps quite a bit.
Error: Cannot call Revert() on a None object, aborting function call stack: [ (09089E37)].SOT_Genesis.OnCellAttach() - "SOT_Genesis.psc" From script ... Line 118 Int iIndex2 = DudeList.GetSize() Line 119 HostileNPC = DudeList.GetAt(Utility.RandomInt(0, iIndex2)) As ActorBase
...so if DudeList has 3 npcs in it 0,1,2 ... then HostileNPC will pick random from 0 to iIndex2 which is 3 ... 0,1,2,3 ... that 3 will be a None resulting in the errors above.
In the Script FireTrap.psc ... (FIXED) Line 29 Game.GetPlayer().RemoveItem(copper, 1, True) ; Silently remove token This is trying to remove the following ... not a token... Message Property Copper Auto
========================================================= Added a six second delay to genesis script to give 3d time to load.
- Forgot to make the main esp a master. took advantage and updated version in mcm menu.
1 - NOW WITH FISS SUPPORT ! 2 - Improved MCM layout
To install fiss: 1. Download and install FISS (Extract to folder “Skyrim/Data/”) 2. Activate FISS.esp in your load order 3. Place any FISS supporting mod after that
What is fiss? : SOT has over one hundred MCM settings. Many players spend hours fine tuning them to get that "perfect" game. Yet when they start a new game, they have to do it all over again! Well, not anymore. With FISS support the plaeyr can now save all SOT settings and reload them at any time, including when playing a new game.
This is all possible because of Jebbalon.
Additionally, the MCM menu has AGAIN been worked over to provide as much ease of use as possible given the many options. This is thanks to GhostAgent and Jebbalon.
1) numerous records of moved land forms removed. As in A piece of land was accidentally moved exposing gaps in space and time. A lot less of this than you think, we just had some discovered so I had to fix them.
2) Over 120 npcs that had the keyword "innocent" have been reset to vanilla and the keywords removed. Jebbalon instead made a formlist with the names and I changed the code to use the list instead. So much improved compatibility since the npc records are not messed with any longer. Kudos to Jebbalon. I am committed, but I would never have taken the time for this. Forget it. But he did. I am blessed with an excellent modding team. They may come and go but their legacy lives on....
Version 15: GENESIS System added!
What is the Genesis Effect?
In a word: CREATION
First understand I have manually populated about 20 locations, most of them dungeons. I added npcs and loot to those dungeons. That left me with about 200 more locations to go. Yeah.
That is where GENESIS comes in. It, in a single burst of Genesis creation code it randomly auto populates those 200 locations and also adds additional loot to it.
The Genesis Effect activates upon entering a dungeon. Thus save before you enter in case you rather not have the dungeon overhauled.
With mcm options, of course. And can be disabled via MCM. Defaults to on.
- Will populate the dungeon with appropiate npcs. If a Vampire lair, then vamps. If a Draugr crypt, then Draugr. etc. - In mcm you can change the default of 10 added npcs to a much higher insane number. Up to you. Or you can wimp out and set it at 2 or 3. Or prove your worthlessness by setting it to zero.
- In mcm you can set wether or not loot is added to a dungeon. Loot is added to containers, including treasure chests, bags, urns, corpses, satchel's etc. Do not ask me how a set of chain mail fits in an urn. Such is the way of magic. Note that even if the containers have loot they will still show as EMPTY. So search regardless. The loot is added dynamically, and thus nothing vanilla is tampered with.
later, much, for I am tired after 40 plus hours on this version: I wouldlike to add bosses and squad leaders to Genesis Effect, though on a chance basis and not always resulting in a spawn.
note: warm fix already included in this one.
New MCM slider to select odds of Genesis loot appearing.
Fishbiter's skull replaced with proper Argonian skull
1) Surface encounters are now Ghost driven!! No more spawns in walls, mountains, tomatoes, etc!!!!!!!!!! This is huge!! Huge. For real.
2) The MCM option "Increase Distance of Spawns by"" now will work again. Added ai packages to the spirits to reflect the distances chosen by player. Range to extend spawns is now between 0 nad 3000 on top of existing values.
3) The Draugr script v2.0 is done and all the properties are filled. All set. 33 hours of work.
4) Added the 5 new sot potions to the pebble trading menu, the potions deserve more time in game. They are cool. Lowered prices as well on all pebble items and the health and invisibility potions.
5) Fixed a setting in spirit 3 that makes it ignore combat.
6) Patch Dawnbreaker quest scene so sot pauses until Dovahkiin is back on earth.
7) Corrected three vigilant of stendarr records in main esp
8.) Corrected three vigilant of stendarr records in secondary esp
9) Moved bone atronach from word wall in Bleakfalls to a different section in that area. It cannot be near other npcs, fights them no matter what I set the settings to...
10) Reworked the Squad Leader invisiblity script to aoid multiple script instances getting stuck. Added randomness to the invisibility so that enemy npcs randomly will use it as opposed to spamming it like they were doing.
11) Populated Ragnvald, which was a BEAST! Had no clue it had four levels including the outside! Got tired towards teh end, like 6 hours on just this.
12) Fixed big bug in Bolstered Draugr script.
NOTE by GhostAgent: With this version, we also launched our official promotional video for SoT.
-New ( ! ) - Mistwatch Fort populated. And in a very cool way. Fans of Lord of the Rings will enjoy the surprise. ;-)
-Fixed Dark Brotherhood Assassins having 200 arrows on average. -Added new Dark Brotherhood lore feature. If the player has destroyed the Dark Brotherhood, or joined the brotherhood, he instead will be attacked by Morag Assassins. Arch enemy of the Dark Brotherhood.
-Added code to the biters, will now disable and re-enable them after spawning them in an attempt to kickstart the ai.
-Removed ghost flag from EncWitchFire01BretonF (CrushBoss found)
-HowlSummonWolf has a _00ArmorElvenShieldDuplicate001 in it's inventory , removed (CrushBoss found)
-SubCharDraugr01MissileF remove from both ESPs (CrushBoss found)
-Master Death Mages go down almost as fast as skeletons. They do good damage but can't take any. FIXED. (CrushBoss found)
-Added 1 new encounter, that you may meet in your surface travels. Can't say now , want it to be a surprise. This is a one shot encounter, do not get too excited.
-Fixed one bug in the spider cloning script in which the on sight resgistration was not canceled even after cloning was done
1- Changed Increased vanilla Script for spiders so cloning does not take place until spider sees Dovahkiin. This means sneakeness will result in less monsters as they will not have a chance to be born.
1b- Incorporated advanced spawning system not into the spider script above, so that the spider clones do not just pop in next to you. A lot more immersive.
2- Removed _00EncDraugr1HOverlord_lvlDUPLICATE061 Draugr Reaper Overlord" from leveled npc list. No clue how it got there.
3- Wyndelius Gatharian in Shroud Hearth Barrow added to the ' Do Not Clone' list.
4- Corrected 3 whacked records found by Jebbalon: "_00EncSkeletonArmoredDragonBone01_lvlDUPLICATE052 " "Undead Dragon Servant" [NPC_:xx4971B9] "_00EncSkeletonArmoredDragonBone02_lvlDUPLICATE052 ""Undead Dragon Servant" [NPC_:xx4971BA] UstengravSkeletonArmoredDragonBone
5- Figment spider messages only allowed during combat and if the player is within 1000 units of spider.
6- Added ghosts to RadiantQuest faction. The descriptiton says it will allow them to be in dungeons but not be attacked. Jebbalon discovered it.
1- Fixed script that is used to spawn skulls in bleak falls when a Bone Atronach is hit. I used > instead of < . means that the skulls start rare and become common. I had them common becoming rare. Thus the large number of skulls flung by the Bone dudes. 2- Added failsafe to give player the Stone in level 2 of Bleak Falls if player tries to leave without finding it. 3- Added a deleveler to all added populated toons in bleak falls that depends on player level. There is a toggle to undo that for us hardcore MEN (not for FishBiter) 4- Added aggro distance of 3000 to all Rumiirua Undead to help with docile toons. Took forvever, hope it helps. 5- Adding desecration encounter to Dibella temple in Markarth - edit: completed. TONS of silver loot in that place, took forever. 6- Added two more possible spawn locations in Whiterun for Biter Apocalypse. 7- Jebbalonand GhostAgent made the mcm menu even better, even friendlier, even more awesome. Has lots of help scrolls now, super polished. 8- Fast Travel Encounters are now more "graceful". If in combat, you will no longer be whisked away in the middle of it. You can now move all over skyrim until the fight is done. THEN you will be whisked away , after walking a few yards.
************************************************************ ------------SCRIPT STABILIZER------------------------ ************************************************************ This one will be aimed at the "SOT is script heavy crowd". I am making all scripts in SOT aware of each other, so that by default only one script will run at any given time. Will have a mcm option for power users to increase the number of scripts running at the same time to redward them for optimzing their game. If the feature works out I will see about re-releasing the mod under overhaul section with a redone mod page that has more info. I need to check and see if GhostAgent is still alive though. And willing. Or leave it where it is and still redo the mod page.
I been toying with taking the idea further, and patching other super big mods like Frostfall to allow the script limiting feature to apply to them as well. In which case two scripts would be allowed to run at the same time. Not sure if this part of the idea is worth it, just a thought.
- Takes stability to the next level. Making SOT a Light to Moderately Scripted mod - The time latency SOT adds to the game with this version is 2 to 5 ms. This is accomplished by keeping a count of scripts that want to run and only allowing one a time to execute. Please test for yourself and share results. -This should allow SOT to live with other mods like Frostfall or Wet and Cold. No more having to sacrifice one for the other. -Minor item: added a 5% chance of mind flayers casting a new spell when hit by player.
Note: you should still optimize your game as per our guide.
MAJOR overhaul of MCM menu, b7y Jebbalon. Detailed below. I think he figured out that the mcm menu was not going to change unless he did it himself. Smart man.
Jebbalon: do not make any more changes to the mcm menu until 13.3 is out. I am adding more mcm options to it to support the new potions feature. Plus we need to test it.
1. Sorted the pages in Event OnPageReset() - for consistency in code layout - - Empty pages moved toward bottom - need deletion - - Help page still last in order as the ENDIF statement is there now. - - Page order is now... 01. Activation 02. Presets 03. Walking Encounters 04. Walking Encounters Traditional 05. Dungeon Encounters 06. Rumiirua Apocalypse 07. Assassins 08. Fast Travel Enocunters - - rename to RPG Encounters 09. Populated Encounters 10. Increased Vanilla Spawns 11. Bosses 12. Testing/Debugging - - rename to System Settings - Lore ____ - Sleeping - Tactical - Tweaks - Loot ---REMOVE THESE 8 PAGES - Casual Encounters / - NPC Global Options / - Desecration ______/ 13. Help
2. Added Section (commented out) in Event OnVersionUpdate to go to version 14 ?? - - Remove lines ";/ ===Jebbalons edit" and "===Jebbalons edit /;" - - If that's how to do it... I'm guessing ? Jan. 12, 2015 (am) - New menu version 13.2 =-=-=-Pages Combined -=-=-= 1. Merged the following 4 pages into Fast Travel page - - Sleeping, Loot, Casual Encounters and Desecration 2. Merged the following 4 pages into Testing/Debugging page - - Lore, Tactical, Tweaks and NPC Global Options 3. Updated Option Highlight for AllowUnlevelledNPC to read - - "If Enabled Then The Stamina, Health, and Magicka Will be Altered As Per Settings Below. This Will Affect Spawns from Surface, Dungeon, Sleeping and Fast Travel Encounters." - - This info removed from tactical page. 4. Needed to be done by Tony.... - - OnVersionUpdate section changed to remove now empty pages - - Rename Fast Travel to RPG Encounters and Testing/Debugging to System Settings - - OnPageReset section .. remove the 8 empty pages .. - - Lore, Sleeping, Tactical, Tweaks, Loot, Casual Encounters, NPC Global Options and Desecration. **************************************************************************************************************************************************************************** All above is by Jebbalon. Below is me.
2. Adding a new feature to help out people who cannot use Asis with SOT. Please comment with suggestions as to how to deploy it. So far it will be
a) Potions added to spawned npcs dependence on odds chosen in mcm menu. b) a toggle to turn feature off c) potions are picked from all leveled lists in the game. Could be trash or could be the potion of ultimate badness. d) if a potion is given to npc there will be a 50% chance that a second potion, random, will be given as well. A potion carrier will tend to collect them. e) this is actually very cool and something I implemented for Obis a long time ago. An unexpected bonus is that at times the enemy will USE THE POTION, resulting in a new twist in combat. Fun. Had a NPC on fire Attack me. Then I figured out he drank a flame shield potion. Had one become invisible, etc.
Note: I added every levelled potion list to the feature. That means that even if you set the odds at 100 percent there will not always be a potion. This is because some of the leveled lists have a chance factor attached. Some leveled lists only spawn a potion 20 percent of the time, etc. Do set the odds much higher than you otherwise would in order to see some potions.
Version 13.01: 1. Populated Haemar's cavern. Nothing fancy. 2. Removed/killed sleeping animations. Vote was unanimous, bunch of ingrates. Anyhows , it is done. This will result in less script lag and more mod stability. It was a heartbeat script. 3. Reworked the Draugr script for vanilla spawns. added safety checks to avoid cloning of draugrs when player is in an inappropriate place, like a dwelling or inn, or the midden in Winterhold.
Aaaaannnnnnddddd a NEW FEATURE!
Enemy SQUAD LEADERS !
The first one of about 5 to 10 is complete.
***The Unholy Draugr Leader***
Will appear at different levels in populated dungeons depending on MCM settings and Presets, or at level 20 in the Draugr Boss leveled list .
They will appear subtly in the game, not like the Death Knights with fanfare and notifications. But each squad leader will change the nature of any battle where they appear.
The Draugr Squad Leader will have this effect on the battle:
1) All nearby Draugr will turn invisible, as will the squad leader. This is his power and how he helps his Draugr squad. Invisibility will go away whey they attack as always but will come back as the Squad Leader uses his ability. 2) All nearby Draugr will heal when hurt until Squad Leader is killed. The effect is not game breaking, they can be killed. Will jsut take more concentrated attacks, see how strategy changes already? The Squad Leader himself will heal MUCH FASTER when hit. Not worth hitting him unless you plan to hammer him continuously. Again, kill-able but with careful planning.
Future squad leaders will have other powers:
1) all nearby enemy npcs will have a fire shield 2) all nearby npcs will have a decent chance of coming back to life if killed until squad leader is destroyed. This will be the Squad Leader of Death, or something grand sounding like it.
and so on.
Version 12.80: 1) Angarvunde carefully populated. Took days for dumb reasons relating to the complex quest and NPC Medresi. 2) New mini bosses added to existing dungeons already populated.
future idea: Squad Leaders called Abomination this and that that if present will grant nearby monsters abilities. Like fire-shields, stone skin, invisibility, etc. This could be game changing as tactics will have to change.
Version 12.7: 1. Added new burnt zombie to game. Primarily hangs out around helgen. As I play the game and find more appropiate spots i will add more.
2. Fixed faction issue between falmer and dwarve ghosts
*********************************************************************** NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW *********************************************************************** 3. New Mephala Death Knight boss (wip) will now attack do gooders after they kill 3 mephala assassins. MCM menu just added to change the required kills from 0 to 20. Feature can also be disabled in MCM. New Attacks will hopefully challenge you. Death Knight will be assisted by Mephala Mind Flayers. The mind flayer will use a devious psionic attack. Be warned. They will fight dirty and fast and hard. *********************************************************************** NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW ***********************************************************************
4. Fixed spam pointed out by CrushBoss. Hopefully.
5. Fixed graduation Spartan glitch. Hopefully.
6. Fixed Whiterun biter waves never ending. Hopefully.
7. Fixed MCM menu Boss page and got rid of blank Bosses Cooldown page. They are combined into one now. ye ayea yea yeah...
8. Edited some 50 templates for bandits to try and alleviate issue with npcs just standing around. BUT listen up. a) I rarely see this myself b) Just install Obis and put it after SOT. Problem solved. This mod is made to work with OBIS.
A. New Game required. Or a clean install with scalpel tool. Seriously. B. I expect hot fixes will be needed. This release is radical. C. I expect bit#h$&g from the flyers special power. Oh well. D. Yes, I am in a defiant mood. E. Setting the death knight required kills to zero means you will be attacked ASAP. Use disable toggle instead. F. When death knight is announced, SAVE YOUR GAME TWICE G. Update version not possible. New textures, meshes, sounds added. H. More triggers will be used later to cause mephala knight to hunt you.
12.75: 1) Mephala Death Knight will no longer spawns in cities or towns. College is fair game. 2) Mephala Mind Flayers may or may not appear in pairs. Random chance now. 3) possibility of Mind Flayer teleport power use now ranges from 10 percent chance to 80 percent depending on preset. Defaults to 20%, and Spartan is 20%. Used to be hard-coded at 50%. Should be less op now. 4) If the teleport power is used, how high the toon is taken and dropped is now randomly chosen between 750 and 6,000 units. Used to be always 5,000 . This will mean there is chance of an npc surviving the fall.
Version 12.61: (Hot Fix & Upgrade)
1) In the Dwarven Ruin populated feature, whenever Reinforcements arrived they were real dwarves, not ghosts. They would thus leave behind mega powerful loot. Was tricky to correct because of the way Skyrim does ghosts and handles cloning.
2) The Dwarvern animated constructs were attacking my dwarves. This was due to factions.
3) The Dwarven Lich summons minions. They also had faction issues.
Version 12.6: 1) Made Dark Brotherhood Assassins harder. Leveled numbers were way under what they should have been. They were too easy to beat.
2) Populated the Ancient Dwarven Ruin of Alftand. This includes adding Dwarves to the game in the form of hostile ghosts and liches.
Version 12.5: 1) TONY: Waiting Surface Encounters finished. Why, pray tell, do we need this? Well, in SOT land nighttime encounters are much harder than day daytime. Vamp attacks and Brotherhood Assassins are only at night. Thus, a player can cheat and use the Wait menu to make it daytime in a few seconds. This feature will make them think twice about it. It they are hurt and weak they will not want to risk such an encounter. The feature, unlike the dungeon equivalent, takes into account extended waiting versus quick waiting. Every so many hours of waiting will re-roll the dice to see if the player is interrupted. Additionally, the surface version of the feature REWINDS time randomly to simulate interrupted waiting. This is a lot more immersive. The rewind can be disabled. MCM menu options in Walking Encounters control the new features, in the right hand side this time.
2) CRUSHBOSS Fixed: Is Dark Mage Master Cape meant to be Light Armor? All the other parts are clothing. Fixed: Also the Death Plate set uses the Dragonscale and Light armor keywords, but is flagged Heavy Armor. Fixed: Karliah's Armor, ArmorThievesGuildKarliahCuirassDUPLICATE000 doesn't have a material keyword Fixed: Power gloves (lower case G)
3) CRUSHBOSS Fixed the loot issue with Biters! Required editing over 500 records. No more dead girls wearing pearl necklaces and rings. Details Below Picture.
Biter Loot Makeover:
Fully randomized loot Large dynamic loot table Diversified loot - you may get nothing or you could get rare and expensive loot Immersive loot - loot that makes sense for zombies Balanced loot - inexpensive items are common, rare items have a low chance of appearing but still possible Two loot tables - one for minions and one for bosses
Notes from CrushBoss: All minions use the same loot table and the Liches and Hell Knights use a different one (ZombieLootBoss). Spent four hours building and tweaking the loot tables to my satisfaction (not including editing each zombie).
12.50a: (me being impatient) Fixed two minor errors: Forms: Duplicate formID (04000800) encountered in file SleepingDangers-SandsofTime.esp Forms: Duplicate formID (04000801) encountered in file SleepingDangers-SandsofTime.esp
Version 12.4: Have you EVER seen a mod get updated like this one????
This will be all CrushBoss.
Using the newest TES5edit more things to fix were found. Plus he brought it up to the same level as the new Unofficial Patches. In his own words:
"Fixed 10 armor errors Fixed 60+ armor addon errors Removed all unnecessary items from the leveled lists - Bashed patch will include nothing from either plugin now Brought over changes from the new Unofficial patches - no dependency as usual - Improved compatibility with the Unofficial patches Cleaned both plugins in TES5Edit and fixed all errors Players will need to rebuild their bashed patch with this version"
12.41: New new version with optimized biter textures! (thanks to CrushBoss).
What do I download you say? I am confused!!!! you yell?
IF YO HAVE NOTHING, DOWNLOAD 12.41 Full/Main AND YOU ARE DONE.
IF YOU HAVE 12.4, DOWNLOAD THE 12.41 UPDATE AND THE 12.41 OPTIMIZED TEXTURES
IF YOU HAVE 12.4 AND THE 12.41 UPDATE, JUST DOWNLOAD THE 12.41 OPTIMIZED TEXTURES
IF YOU HAVE AN OLDER VERSION BETWEEN 11.0 AND 12.3 DOWNLOAD THE 12.41 UPDATE AND THE 12.41 OPTIMIZED TEXTURES
Version 12.30: 1. Adds three mew MCM menu options for the Zombie Lich. There are players that were freezing or having a ctd when the lich summoned more undead (girlie men hardware?). I changed the way the biters are summoned, with only the first one summoned the traditional way. The rest are scripted with time in between to add stability. 2. Added MCM option to disable the summon feature from the Lich 3. Added MCM menu option to set the number of summoned zombies the Lich will spawn. 4. Added MCM option to randomize the amount of summoned biters 5. Removed poison projectile from zombie summoning effect. 6. Carried over records from one esp to the other.
10 hours of work. Sigh.
Version 12.25: HotFix (Includes updates/fixes from 12.2) Attempts to correct non aggression of some characters....
But I feel I have been down this road before. i know and CrushBoss did work on this already. Skyrim modding often seems like two steps forward and one step back.... anyhows, I tested bleakfalls up to the the puzzle room and Emebershard mine with and without extra spawns. They all attacked.
Version 12.1: 1) MCM menu facelift has started. Page 1 is done. Well, version 1.0. You guys decide. This page will have the activation of the mod and status of the different mod engines.
2) Added Rumiirua (biters) to the possible Surface Encounters module. If the apocalypse has started there is now a chance of randomly encountering herds of biters. From small, medium, and large gangs.
3) Added biters in two more cells. Cells are map cells, in which one cell is the size of a town or city. A good size area.
4) Fixed book three of bane/inferno/blade story
5) Fixed surface encounters non-traditional were starting the game paused. Bummer .
6) Added riekler mounted dudes on pig looking things to the possible dynamic surface encounters. Custom encounter 12.
Will start looking at mephala bosses while I do the mcm menu makeover. MCM menu coding drives me batty.
12.11: Trying to help Jebbalon I made the ghosts truly invisible. As in not in the game. This corrects that. sigh. Only players with 12.1 need this. Clean save required unfortunately. The save game scalpel as well. sorry...
Note From GhostAgent: This hotfix changes the mod's "Spirits/Ghosts" (used for the Spirit Spawn System) in the game into ghosts in order to help prevent footstep sounds that a few players were experiencing.
12.12: (Updates any 11.x and 12.x version.)
-Major change to ghosts--changed the skeleton to that of a rabbit. I cannot hear footsteps any more. You guys try it out.
-Improved detection of ghosts in dungeons so they do not stay in the previous dungeon without you.
-Updated version number
12.13: Soooo I found that if you do a clean save to fix the ghosts but do not choose Spartan or above as a preset then the ghosts never appear. For some reason I cannot fathom I tied their appearance to Increased Dungeon Spawns, which is a feature enabled only at Spartan and above. I removed that requirement from the ghosts, and I was able to to a clean save and get them back. Keeping my present game, which is why this had to work. I do NOT want to start over again unless i finish all. will be up in a few.
Version 12: 1) Zombie Apocalype 1.0 is done. All cities are under siege. The dead walk the area around the cities as well. 2) removed crazy loot from Lich biter. 3) Added two new toggles for ZA. One to randomize the number of zombies per wave, and one to randomize the number of waves per city siege. This way it is totally random.
12.01: Optimization update that optimizes the zombie apocalypse script. It was running too often, I made it execute half as much and added condition checks for stability. Specially when opening menus.
12.02: -More optimized za code -Random biters added to exterior of Helgen. With all the death caused by the attack it is a logical place for restless undead. -A small handful of biters added to Anises cabin. They like decaying old broken down abodes.
Version 11.5: Riften is done. Its officially under siege by the Undead. Enjoy.
coming soon: zombie babies!!!
(no, just joking. that was the dumbest scene ever in zombie nation. waste of money to make that show.)
Disclaimer for new users: This is not primarily a zombie killing mod , honest. I am just having fun with it for a while. Waited a long time for this.
Apocalypse completion report:
Whiterun Windhelm Ivarstead plus 7,000 stairs Falkreath Riften
Markath Dawnstar Solitude Morthal
11.55: Bug fix from 11.5. If you have 11.5 just get the update , which is 9 megs instead of 570 megs, and over write.
Fixes serious bugs where extra zombies were walking the earth from the get go. Were not supposed to until apocalypse. Oversight on a trigger. I forgot to disable the miserable trigger...
Also added zombies near Markarth and Rorikstead. Not main attacks, just spawn points for singles or double for atmosphere.
Version 11.4: 1) Falkreath is now part of the Zombie Apocalypse
2) So is the surrounding area
We are getting there.
Version 11.3: 1) Ivarstead zombified. The location of the biters is determined by the preset chosen. And don't worry about the npcs there. Spartan and above will place them close to the town folk. But no worries, they fight like ninjas, I kid you not. They wiped out 8 biters in seconds. I just stood back in awe and tried to get my share. 2) 7,000 steps zombified, 1 biter per step. (kidding, I am not completely nuts) - these are extra placed encounters, their count is not factored into wave attacks. They are designed to give apocalypse feeling. 3) In the same attempt to add atmosphere, random zombie spawn points were placed in the surrounding area of zombified locations.
Note: The randomly placed extra zombies will be disabled if the player disables the apocalypse feature in the MCM menu. And will be instantly reenabled if turned back on. The spawn points are inactive unit the Apocalypse starts.
Zombified locations so far include Whiterun, Windhelm, and Iverstead (the village at bottom of 7,000 steps), and the steps themselves.
I am just getting started....
Version 11.2 Windhelm zombie attack is done. 2 down, 7 to go. 8-0
1. Windhelm zombified . So easy to say, so,hard to get it right. Complicated by the fact that the on death script event DOES NOT ALWAYS WORK. And other dumb bugs I,will not list for space sake.
2. Misc obis obsolete entries removed
Version 11.1 (Beta Release):
Need feedback on the zombies and performance of having 40 zombies on screen. My computer was able to handle it. But I wonder if most can. This test version only has whiterun zombies, once the apocalypse is triggered. It will defaul to triggering at level 10. Set it to 1 to quickly trigger and then take a walk to white run. just use the console "coc whiterun" and stroll over. Best effect that way. Here is a couple of pics from my white run encounters. The zombies are VERY COOL. They even make zombie sounds. Wish I had Daryl with me. Rick too. Not that I have the first city done, I can have zombies at all 9 cities with 15 minutes more work. The foundation is there. beach trip though is coming up tomorrow night.
If you have 10.30 I would hold off. Mostly useful for first timers as all hot fixes are included.
1) All hot fixes included
2) Zombies merged in, MCM menu for them started. Feature not yet active.
3) In Walking Encounters MCM menu changed the two die roll so that the higher the odds, the more likely of an encounter. You know, logical. 8-/
4) Misc minor fixes
5) Watching season 4 of The Walking Dead for inspiration
Version 10.30: Major Maintenance Release
List of fixes thanks to the reports from the SOT Merciless Spartans:
1) Mephala Arrows now have even more awesome lighting green effects with more force effects since you guys dig that.
2) Edited all spider records to fix the non aggressive behaviors.
3) Edited all witches for same.
4) Edited spider figments for same.
5) odds set in each preset for Alpha Wolf, Boneman Boss, Lich Boss, and Falmer Boss.
6) Fixed the three xmas ghosts to have the same properties. Two had dremora something or other instead of hare. Did you guys know the ghosts are 2 inches high?
7) Added treasure chest chances to each preset.
8-) Fixed activation mcm menu status for three scripts. Were not showing correct info or running while they were not supposed to.
9) Fixed the skeletons in bleak falls next to word wall not attacking. EVERYTHING in that room attacks you now. very cool, since half are archers.
10) SOT Install no longer overwrites Daedric Armor mods.
11) Fixed two minor texture issues.
Note: I think this is the last Skyrim encounter mod still being developed and supported. And it looks like three more years before the next Elder Scrolls. We should have time to complete the zombie apocalypse and the Mephala bosses way before then.
Version 10.28: Maintenance update and fixes.
- Fixed fast travel encounters, was broken. Seems that the newer SKSE versions were no longer compatible with code used. On the upside detection of fast travel is much more accurate now.
- Presets can no longer be set before mod activation
- Fixed missing values in presets.
- Fixed bandits disappearing even though still alive. Issue was not present if obis used.
- Misc fixes
Right now we have two parallel versions of SOT going on. The single esp version, which I just updated, and the experimental one with the fake esm that we hope will add stability. If we switch to that format, this will be the base.
Changes: numerous fixes, over 20, some major, thanks to info from Firefreak111, Jebbalon, RefusedZero, GhostAgent, and FishBiter. Thank you guys, its because of users like you that SOT is what it is.
(Includes bug fixes from 10.25)
This is a pure maintenance release. Hundreds of things corrected, usually by deletion. I actually forgot to delete about 6 recipes but later. No biggie.
Refusedzero is the hero. Removed all the records that were not needed, saved me hours of work I did not in any case have the time for.
Fixes by FishBiter also included.
This is a MAJOR cleanup from the messy merging of Death Knights with SOT. Was actually accidental, meant to merge Death Knights Armor., so,now,we have both. Final permission hoped for, the larger quest based Death Knight is abandoned but i doubt forgotten. Will offer author help from me and Refusedzero to fix the mod in appreciation of assets. This version also includes a new skeleton type, though it will break your heart to kill it.
So we have all the assets we needed and more to,make proper mephala bosses. That was phase 1. Phase 2 is actual creation and dress up. Includes scripts to stop player from having armor too soon if they win the battle.
small maintenance update
1. fixed blank letter 2. mcm spelling errors fixed, one or two items moved around to make better sense. Do not expect a redo, its not. 3. small record fixes.
New potions by UWShocks. The following are now merged in :
ShadowBanish Wine --Gives the player improved nightvision for 5 minutes --Lore: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Shadowbanish_Wine --Recipe: 5 GlowMushrooms and 1 bottle of Wine [there are 2 versions of wine, the recipe wants the wine with the threading on the bottle].
RoseThorn Mead --Gives the player a Berserk Rage, which blocks 75% of incoming damage, and the player deal double the damage for 15 seconds. --Lore: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Rosethorn_Mead --Recipe: 10 Fly Amanita, 1 bottle of Nord Mead.
Potion of the Blades --Player deals 25% more damage to Dragons; Dragons deal 25% less damage to player. Lasts 5 minutes --Recipe: 5x of 3 mushroom varieties [sorry, I forget the exact mushrooms needed].
Potion of Haste --Doubles the speed of the player for 300 seconds. --Lore: idea from Morrowind Skooma http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Skooma_(Morrowind) --Recipe: 1 blue dart [dragonfly], 5 red mountain flowers
Potion of Talos --Reduces Shout cooldown by 50% for 5 minutes --Recipe: 10 DragonTongues [flower].
NEW feature for the MILK DRINKERS and ALE DRINKERS - Upon starting a new game and selecting those presets, A courier will find the player and give him some gifts from an unknown friend. SPOILER: Will be a vaiety of potions including some from the UWShocks collection. To help the baby Dovahkin survive the first dungeon.
All Major SOT Encounters are now potentially unleveled if you so choose! Includes Surface Encounters, Dungeon Encounters, Sleeping Encounters, Waiting Encounters, and Fast Travel Encounters. Look at MCM option under Tactical . Designed to keep you guessing when encountering enemy npcs. Anything goes. This DOES NOT change a Draugr into a Draugr Lord, lets make that clear. This will allow changing a particular NPC's Health, Magica, and Stamina as calculated against the Dovahkin's numbers. The range is from 30% of Dovahkin's numbers to 1000% percent (10 times more than players value).
Bugs Squashed courtesy CrushBoss
Records needing cleaning or resetting, changed by accident or crazy merging:
iCombatTargetPlayerSoftCap = 30: This setting is missing from the esp. It was listed as being added in your post topic.
Non-Player Character (Actor) - Unnecessary QNAM Texture Lighting changes - All needed NPCs (don't remove)
9. Worldspace Edit - BrinewaterGrottoWorld was not needed. Corrected
10. Faction - CrimeFactionWhiterun was accidentally hosed. Corrected.
11. Unlevelling feature 50% complete on sleeping encounters (up from 33% last week). Its getting there, I am on line of code 1200 of 2000.
All this is in keeping with the SOT full disclosure policy.
1. Added a desecration trap to shrine at location 8,0 2. added check to spider script to possible help with save game issue 3. added conditions to disease attacks to stop applying if value on player is less than zero. 4. fixed dungeon glitch with objects moved out of place. will fill in name later 5. increased unleleveled range to 1000 from 300. Thsi equates to npcs now being able to be spawned at 10 times the player level. Range is from 1/3 or player level to 10 times, or 30% of player to 1000% of player. Normal is 100%. 6. fixes some missing values in a spell. 7. unleleved feature partially applied to sleeping encounters. About 1/3 done. There are hundreds.
Version 9.85 (Minor Update)
1) Unleveled feature integrated into presets 2) Dungeon spawns fully affected now by Unlevelled settings. So surface and dungeon encounters can now be fully unleveled, make them all easier or harder or a range in between. :-) 3) Started to convert sleeping encounters over. Not ready 4) Added the three books as advertised for Inferno, Bane, and Blade. Excellent read.
Version 9.75 (Interim Release)
The new feature where you can set encounter NPCs to be from 30% to 400% of player level is done for SURFACE ENCOUNTERS . I left the warning on the MCM menu alone, but it is fully implemented for walking surface enconters and working great. This battlestar is operational! Obis is not affected by this . One day when I add it to that one, it will have the same mcm option. Indigoblade likes the idea.
The feature is game changing. Not only will it allow the presets in 10.0 to be a LOT more accurate, but will allow players of difficulty mods to adjust spawns to the mod they are using by individually adjusting the health, stamina, and magicka settings of each npc. Tightly or in a random range.
So please test for me. 30 hours of work. Questions to think about: is 400 percent enough? I can easily raise it to 800 percent, etc. Let me know. And do we want to complicate the mcm menu more by having a SEPARATE slider set for the dungeon options?
Busy with busy church events this weekend and a server deployment and kids camp monday to Wednesday so we will see abou the next phase which is dungeon encounters, in version 10.0 . Other things coming in 10.0 as well from GhostAgent. ;-)
This release also includes a new populated dungeon with a little twist.
INSTALLATION: Present users of 9.4 should be able to just overwrite and that is all. All others will need a clean save procedure and the scalpel tool to allow proper re-install. Which may mean they are better off waiting for 10.0 . 10.0 is at least a week away.
NEXT: do the same for Dungeon Encounters, and later for Sleeping and Fast Travel Encounters as Well.
NEXT NEXT: Allow player to randomly give spawns potions and scrolls.
NEXT NEXT NEXT: Allow player to give npc particular amor sets based on a range. This is time consuming, will have to be convinced it is worth it.
NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT or instead of the armor idea: Mounted NPC attacks. Both with horses and saber tooth tigers, etc.
Unleveled feature halfway done. MCM menu finished, which includes setting up all the variables and plugging them into new game values, all presets, etc. And testing the menu.
Next is writing the function and attaching it to every spawn I can.
Too many people are not getting the critical update. This will have the full menu in place for the new unleveled feature but will not have the finished script changes. I will add a text line that says "not functional until 10.0". Yes, jumping to 10.0 with new feature, it is that big a change, if used.
The good part is that upgrading g from 9.4 to 10.0 will be easy since all the CKit work is done. It will basically be new scripts.
Version 9.3a (Test version for 9.4)
1) New toggle in MCM menu. Will enable a new lore friendly / ASIS friendly / etc feature that will monitor the surrounding dungeon area for enemy NPCs. If found, the mod will not spawn any reinforcements or dungeon waiting encounters or dungeon walking encounters. Ideal for the populated dungeons to avoid being overwhelmed. Specially useful if you use mods that enhance enemy ai and make the player more killable.
2) If Milkdrinker or Aledrinker presets are chosen, the toggle will be automatically activated (True). If Spartan or above it will be set to False.
3) Deleted lvlpredator script from mod. This will allow the version from the Unofficial patches to take over that script. 4. Refreshed the SEQ file
Note: Always safer to start a new game, otherwise there is more baggage your game has to carry until it collapses under the weight.
1) Has pause toggles for all modules now. Find them in the MCM Activation page. 2) Warning added to activation toggle 3) Booby trapped three more shrines for desecration module. To recap, if player loots the offerings he risks Godly anger.
Only worth installing if you want to have:
-MCM option to forbid the Hallucination Spiders from using the Hallucination attack. The attack produces imaginary spider figments that can kill, and are abane to low level characters or players with arachnophobia.
Again, most users should WAIT for a major revision, not for casual upgrading.
Took a ridiculous amount of time to complete this update.
Features: -separate MCM menu options for dagger of mephala, axe of mephala, and arrows of Mephala. -options are to leave them alone (default) -to restrict their use to level 20 and above -to have them break when player loots them (in a lore friendly manner by the way)
- fixes quest breaking situation in dungeon of Saarthal. BUT REQUIRES A CLEAN SAVE TO WORK if you already installed 9.x . Or a new game. This will mean cleaning the save with the save game scalpel tool. Saarthal was the toughest dungeon I ever populated. Sorry for glitch. -added 10 more assassins to the wilderness assassins. 30 now. -fixed rat brooder mother never appearing. If you thought regular rats were an issue then think again. Mama is coming.
UNLESS YOU KNOW HOW TO DO A CLEAN SAVE AND CLEAN YOUR SAVE WITH THE SCALPEL TOOL BEST NOT TO UPGRADE. WAIT UNTIL YOU START A NEW GAME.
This is the nature of scripted mods, unfortunately. You do not feel the pain as often with other mods because very few if any update like SOT. Development has not slowed down from day 1 until now.
- Bunch of bug fixes as reported here, most notably wolf packs now use mcm menu setting, not just 8.
- Windhelm has assassins now. 40 of them.
- Spartan Graduation - if a new player is silly and chooses Spartan settings, the mod will instead use Spartan "Training" settings. Once the player is level 15, a courier (my first one :-) ) will appear and give the player a letter from the Greybeards. It will let the player know that hsi progress has been noticed by the bad guys and to be careful for stronger attacks, to get a traveling companion or two. In this was we protect the noobs. I myself can play at Spartan with level 1 Dovahkin with no problems.
- Mephala poison will now be properly removed by all cure poison and cure disease mechanisms. Twice. Well, the script now checks twice to make sure.
- Fixed a couple more cowardly assassins, removed a child who tried to pass as a grownup (think Mulan)
-Added MCM menu option to allow player to pick Spartan Graduation Level
Additionally, we have a new item for you: An Anthology of Horror http://sotrealms.enjin.com/ah
HOTFIX: 9.101 The mephala poison affected health and carry weight. Now it is health and health recovery. Also, I scripted it so that the poison now is only applied ONCE even if player is hit over and over.
Includes all fixes from versions 9.01 - 9.04.
Populated Ustengrav dungeon.
Features release 1.01 of Wilderness Assassins, agents of Mephala.
HOT-FIX 9.051: Small update, overwrite files only
1 - corrects issue with sword holster thing a majig (user found issue) 2 - makes Medresi essential until it is time for the npc to die. Alows SOT to produce spawns without the NPC being killed. 3 - fixes cowardly assassin. 4 - adjusts mephala factions to (hopefully) stop assassins from attacking them.
HOT-FIX 9.052: First install 9.05, overwrite files
Medresi is now protected from SOT deaths. If you do not know who she is do not read further and just install 9.052.
Medresi is now protected UNTIL after stage 64 when she must go to meet her maker. I could have her live but what for. Bethesda wants her dead. No matter what the game kills her.
this was a pain to do.
And now I want to populate the place. It is a Draugr dungeon, SOT loves Draugr dungeons...
HOT-FOX 9.053: Tiny fix.
9.053 update is now up. Overwrite old version with all. Fixes potion not curing mephalas poison kiss. So the mephala poison can now be cured with both cure poison potions and any cure disease mechanism such as cure disease potions, cure disease spell, etc.
HOT-FIX 9.054: Overwrite to install BUT if you have saved games you may have to clean the save.
-Adds one more help scroll in MCM help section to explain in more detail why there are two cool downs for walking encounters. -adds some error traps in a couple of scripts to try and lessen log spamming. Nothing serious either way. -fixes one important item in the assassins module where a declaration was made in properties of a quest event that was invalid. Quest event is not used here in the sense of completing a quest. It is used in the programming sense as a component of the assassins feature.
Features release 1.0 of Wilderness Assassins--agents of Mephala. It is functional, I look forward to suggestions and ideas. Please visit the SOT website for more in depth lore friendly information and backstory.
Also, Riften has been added to the group of cities with assassins.
Now we have Whiterun, Solitude, and Riften. Plus Wilderness.
Weapons have been expanded from just mephalas dagger to include now:
mephalas axe mephalas bow and arrows
All deadly poisonous.
Version 8.99: 1) Dungeon Saarthal Crypt FULLY populated with new booby traps and dangers. Enjoy. Possibility I went a little nuts.
2) Added assassins to Solitude. Now we have two cities done, Whiterun and Solitude. More to come.
3) Improved the code and design of the city assassins. Works the way I intended now.
When installing this version please choose a preset or go the Assassins page in the mcm menu to set the parameters. Default is feature disabled.
1. fixed Populated menu, some status flags were missing and when presets were chosen they would work but not be updated in the menu.
2. Populated Silent Moon Camp and Silent Moon Cave. Spent many hours on it. Also includes the Silent Moon Patrol. Made the treasure at the end more fitting for the battles you need to win.
3. Added new MCM Loot page. Then added additional mcm option to have more NPCs drop treasure chests and a slider to control the odds. This was a big pain, took way too long. But done.
4. fixed many records that were missing the stealth variables. Hundreds of leveled lists. Mod will run either way, but as I fix more the stealthier players will find rewards in sneaking. Will not be easily surprised by attacks. May improve further on this.
5. Done with Lich Patrol, testing was fine. Fixed small glitches, learned a lot about patrol and packages. They will patrol around Dustman Cairn at night, then go to spend the daytime hours inside the Cairn. They do not sleep of course. If you go into the Cairn during the day it will be crazy hard. Best to wait until they come out in the evening and ambush them.
1. Changed script so NPCs that are in combat with player and cross cells do not get deleted. They will chase you out of dungeons and into dungeons. Very cool. Edit: assuming you also install my "Follow Me" add on (official add-on for SoT).
2. Brood Mother Rat will appear if you kill too many rats. Any rats. She loves them all. :-(
3) Populated Movarth's Lair. This is a vampire den, so I had ubber fun with this one. Includes surprises as always. If you upgrade to 8.97 either reselect spartan or higher to activate the dungeon or manually toggle it on. Tough but fun one. Extra treasure provided for your troubles.
4) New spider made and scripted for Movarth's lair, though I may use it elsewhere. The Moon Spider. Has a trick or two like always. Can't help it.
5) Bug fix: all spiders were missing properties dealing with stealth. When in stealth they will spawn farther away to simulate player sneaking in on them.
1. Major feature of 8.96 is populating Fort Snow. The fort is occupied by Necromancers so I could not help myself.... There will be:
a) more guards dead and undead guarding perimeter b) a boss c) a key d) treasure if you have key e) traps and unexpected encounters to make you earn the treasure.
It took three days; enjoy.
2. minor change - tweaked the two draugrs in inner sanctum in attempt to make them hostile.
Remember to either select Spartan preset again to activate the Fort addons or in Populated menu turn it on.
I wish I could just confine myself to dropping hostiles in each fort and dungeon. Would be done by now... sigh..
1. Improved ai for dungeon spawns. 98 percent hostile now. Instead of using the attack player command I switched to the commands: set aggression to 2 (very aggressive ) and evaluate package. Works much better now.
2. Finished populating Knife Point Camp.
1) Fixed master accidentally attached (unofficial patch). yes I know its my second time doing this. Arrrghhhh! Modding at 3 am has drawbacks.
2) Populated FULLY Dead Men's Respite Dungeon. Was a fun one, will keep you jumping all the way to the end. The dungeon was on the way to the dungeon the greybeards tasked me with.
3) Misc small tweaks and fixes.
1) BIG bug fix in the Reinforcement Dungeon Feature. Was broken in CONSTANT mode. Works now. Kind of constantly. ;-) 2) Added three separate cool down sliders for Dungeon Encounters, because we do not have enough MCM cotnrols. 8-0 . Cooldown 1: Reinforcement Cooldown (Ents just agreed the hobbits are not orcs , lol! . This will actually be useful with itme #1 above fixed Cooldown 2: Waiting Cooldown - Encounters that appear when player waits too long in one spot Cooldown 3: Random Encounters - Similar to the Walking Encounters on the surface. 3) Added separate slider for setting Reinforcement odds, previously used the same as for Waiting Encounters. 4) Corrected intialization error that would cause initial spawns to not appear. 5) Added two more messages for variety in reinforcements. Four possible now.
1) New spell given to player from MCM menu to cast on followers. Will give them 5 pebbles and add them to the donotclone formlist in order to avoid them being cloned. Lore friendly wording in game, cool passive effects. Spell can be removed also from MCM menu for purists. This new feature means a patch is not mandatory any more for followers.
2) Populated another bandit camp: Halted Stream Camp — An iron mine and cavern overlain with a wooden fort located northwest of Whitewatch Tower.
Decided to do all Bandit Camps on the surface first. They are much easier and fun and will get the populated feature off and running.
So far completed are:
-Dragon Bridge Overlook — A small Forsworn camp on a cliff overlooking Dragon Bridge. -Druadach Redoubt — A small encampment and cave occupied by Forsworn, located southwest of Mor Khazgur and north of the Shrine to Peryite. -Robber's Gorge — A bandit camp spanning the road from Rorikstead to Dragon Bridge.
That leaves 5 to go
Dungeon wise only bleak falls so,far. But now contains a surprise boss to augment the game provided cardboard boss. There will be blood.
Its 8.8 redone. Came out much better though, so kind of worth the extra work.
Bleakfalls take #2
Tested with tesedit, no moved floors, one form out of place and fixed.
Correct masters this time.
Tested Bleak falls from beginning to end, working great.
If you are level 300 or higher you should have no problems with Bleak Falls now. ;-)
Need to clean up dirty edits in bleakfalls. New at placing npcs though getting better with proactive. My apologies.
We hide nothing here, full transparency. We will share victories and setbacks together. The exhilaration of victory and the agony of defeat. A day may come when courage may fail men, but it is not this day! Wait, am I in the right movie?? 8-0
Update: 8.81 not tonight. Learned more than I ever wanted to know about masters and removing masters from a mod. Will probably have to revert back to 8.75 and start over. yeah.
Update: lets call it practice. The faster I get over this the faster we can go on.
Features: Start of Populated Dungeons, starts disabled with Milk and Ale Drinker presets. Enabled for Spartan preset and up. There is a new MCM page way at the bottom, you will have to scroll down. Bleak Falls Barrow is Populated in this initial release.
1 - remove file draugrfx.pex and psc from build. A long time ago I think I added it to fix the draugr eye bug, but it has not fixed it and actually blocks the version from the Unofficial Patches in loose files mod. If you have it please delete it. the Draugr glowing eyes is amont three effects that the player can catch due to bugs in the game. the other two are the effects from ice wraiths and the steam effects from dwarven machines. The USP patch places a shrine in Whiterun(?) temple that removes the effects.
2 - Fixed all bandit and wolf records to comply with activation switch. The increased vanilla encounters will now not take place from them without activation of mod.
3. Fixed for good the masters being out of order. Thanks to Lifestorock. Will fix patches soon.
4. Added the possibility of dropping an enchanted trapped treasure chest to all bandit magic users.
5. Also added chests to all bandit bosses.
(There are a lot of changes not listed in a couple months, I apologize, picking up again)Not a big update. Just overwrite if you have any 8.x . will provide a version with just esp and scripts.
1. Fixed preset menu so default preset is (none, choose a preset) to avoid confusion. Was working in any case, this is just more professional and neater.
2. Added new mcm menu to extend the spawn points of surface spawns from 0 to 4096. This is added to the value normally use. The normally used random value is -1800 to +1800 for X and Y. I would advice leave it as is, since you can have them spawn too far and they will never see you or you them. Or they may spawn off a cliff in empty space. But if you must here you are.
3. A toggle that if enabled will not allow surface attacks when not traveling somewhere. So if you are in one spot builidng a house or fishing or just looking at the sun go down there will be no attacks. If you move from the spot about 500 units then attacks can happen. This was actually requested a while back by some nutty player that wanted to craft stuff in the open.
edit: menu option is in the Walking Encounters page, on the left, scroll all the way down.
- Overhauled the way dungeon spawns are placed. More advanced and elegant now, no more clusters of npcs constantly at exits. Major Manjor impreovement. -Added mcm page for Presets - EMPTY RIGHT NOW - adding them for 8.68
Version 8.66 (INTERIM RELEASE):
1. Added bloody draugr to Waiting Dungeon Encounters. There are now 20 possible encounters in just the waiting module.
2. update 2: added the bloody draugr to the Dungeon random encounters. Only six of those even with this new one. Will see if I can add some more in the future.
Update 3: added new encounter type: revenge attacks for desecrating houses of the dead. Complete with zombie sounds before attack starts and a mcm menu option to select odds of attack. You steal the property of the dead , then prepare to answer to them.
Update 4: Added new MCM menu page called "desecration" . To set odds of revenge attacks if desecrating Halls of the Dead and Shrines. Separate odds for each. Zero disables feature.
Update 5: Completed the Desecration detection changes to all six Akatosh shrines. As Dragon God his guardians are appropiately chosen.
Update 6: Completed the Desecration detection changes to all 8 Arkay shrines. This was an all out effort, featuring new armor for the Circle of Knights, the combat arm of the Arkay priesthood. They have not seen in game until now. New sounds are featured as well.
Not a major new thing, but it will require a new game. This will make FishBiter happy. Slob will say the heck with that and make it work as a forced upgrade. RefusedZero might too . Anyhows. *NOTE: FishBiter, RefusedZero and Slob are all SoT Team Members and well known within the "Spartan" community.
1) New MCM menu option for Walking Encounters. May help with immersion. It is a slider to decrease the odds of an encounter during the day. Based on percentage. Example:
Lets say the two die values are set to 50 and 50 (with max being 100). Which means that the computer can only produce enemy spawns if it rolls two dice and both values are above 50. (In the actualgame the defaults are like 65 and 80) . Now lets say that you believe hostile encounters should be less frequent during daylight hours. Lets say you set the new slider value to 80% chance of no daytime spawns. The formula is die roll = die roll + (die roll times new slider value) . If result is over 100 then it is et to 100. Sooo inthis case the odds during daytime become 90 and 90, which is much harder to roll. The computer would have to roll twice two numbers above 90 for an encounter to happen. Simple eh? Got it now? This is why people sometimes run from here.
2) Fixed a serious walking encounters bug. Somehow the walking surface encounters script would end up in a permanent "busy" state and would thus show as "running" but spawn nothing. Code added to break the state if in state longer than three cycles (about 1 minute).
3) fixed a missing mcm menu setting for Sleeping Encounters, where the Companions Hall was not listed as a sleeping place. Somehow got deleted, no one noticed. Not even me. 8-0
ALL: A small updated version is up now. its a .5 incremental, not a huge deal and should be installed in a game that has never had SOT before.
1. Active cleanup of dungeon spawns. In the past, we had let the game clean them up but to avoid issues and game bloating SOT will clean up after itself. The way it works you need to be a ways from the dungeon before it kicks in. I like ths though because it allows for hit and run tactics without having your target deleted prematurely
2. The meshes and textures were run throught the optimizer to resize them to 16x16 and create mip map thingies . I am told this adds stability.
3. new logo for MCM menu. this alone should make the mod run twice as fast and be even more rock solid stable. ;-)
4. Some ai tweaks. If you do add this to a new game, please report if Draugrs will not attack when found. Seems to happen when they spawn too far from player.
It is not a major change from 8.4. Sports a new attack mode for the mistman and fixes two broken encounter types; fx undead and cultists. There is already an update to 8.5 in the files section from 8.4, but this release 8.5 will have a better tweaked Mistman Boss due to input on his special ability. *Please download any old patches you need, and old version. Will be deleting old versions tonight. It is getting crazy in file section. 8-0
-Maintenance update - NOT a major new thing like 8.4 was
-Fixes fx undead broken encounter (they so creep me out)
-Fixes Cultists broken encounter
-Mistman Boss gets his special ability
Present status of mod: stable as heck, all features working as expected. Not a perfect mod, but most stable and lean release to date. Some tweaking will be done next to avoid small conflicts with Unofficial packs. Nothing game breaking, but we strive for perfect with an imperfect game.
Thank You Slob!
Thank You Unahu!
And "Thank You" to all the supporters for your kind words, uplifting comments, and helpful attitude.
*Note: Reference to old patches was before the website was made.
Version 8.4 (NEW GAME REQUIRED):
1- Same as 1 from 8.3D 2- Fast Travel fix - broken in 8.3C 3- Fix for summoned npc. the game will no longer clone npcs you summon to your aid. This is important, was messing up strategy and immersion. 4- surprise new thing. 5. fixed Dragon/Draugr record error 6. Fixed vanilla encounters wisp error 7. Fixed vanilla encounter witch error
1 - Vanilla Encounter scripts need some tweaking and adjusting, as well as a bug fix for spawning off dead bodies and respawning from the same source more than one. This is being done and will be released as an update file for 8.3C users.
Uploaded updated vanilla scripts. SUPER IMPORTANT YOU INSTALL THEM. There was some misunderstanding at 1am and I did not include the latest and greatest "Slobbed" files. My apologies. I do not believe a new game is required. There is no esp to upgrade, just the vanilla encounter scripts.
edit: THIS ONLY AFFECTS PEOPLE WHO DOWNLOADED THE 8.31 UPGRADE VERSION--THE SMALL VERSION.
I just checked the full version and it has the new scripts! Which is awesome, I do not have to re-upload the main version. Will redo quickly the upgrade version.
Version 8.21 (New Game is Advised):
If you do not start a new game and you upgrade to this version we cannot help you troubleshoot any issues. I had to start a new game myself in order to test this version.
Details: the release is very significant and now includes a changed esp file, so not upgrade friendly.
1) fixed Witches MCm menu setting. Never moved from 0 or 1. Not a one of you noticed this???
2) Slob has worked over 20 hours on the vanilla encounter scripts in order to correct game engine problems with code that we should not need to use. Regardless, he has put in over 20 hours reworking, redoing, retweaking, rehardening, restesting, reforging, and then does it all over again. the results are awesome though. And the npcs now cleanup perfectly when you leave the cell.was not working before. The npcs are spawning now, no more messages of "enemy nearby' and it never appeared. No more spawning npcs too far for them to see you or you then. The list is long. Suffice it to say that the fixes and work arounds implemented have raised the mod working status by over 50% .
This will make the mod even more efficient and stable than it is.
So if you liked the mod before, you willl love it now. If you loved it before, you will probably die of pleasure. etc. :-)
3) will include the mesh fix if we can ever figure out what is the mesh fix. 8-0
4) Unofficial Patches 2.0 changed the playing field enough to undo some of our patches and fixes, had to redo a number (we = Slob, lol!) . Woe to large mods that cannot get this type of love... tons of properties filled in.
I watched Slob huffing and puffing down the boardwalk looking like the devil and his demons was chasing him. He spotted me and immediately made straight for my beach chair as I sipped my Piña colada. I lowered ny sombrero, hoping he would pass me by. It had been a long two years modding SOT, I wanted to relax and bask in the glory of 8.0 . But no, i twas not to be... "Tony!!! Its crap! I tell you, its pure sh**t!!!", bellowed Slob as he pulled my sombrero off. "Oh come oooonnn Slob! It works good enough!!" I whined.
Slob ignored me. "Its the Fast Travel Script, Tony!. The cursed thing is running a heart beat script every NINE seconds! 24 x 7! Always! We can't have that! I am going to have a heart attack!". At this point Slob dramatically grabbed his chest. "Oh! Pox on you!", I yelled , as I got up. A seagull flew by, and I could swear it was laughing at us. "You know I already told you people are lucky it is even working at all, and...", I started to,say, but got interrupted again by Slob. "I don't want to hear your sanctimonious little soap box speech!", countered Slob. "We can do better that THAT". "Hell", he continued, "I have not even mentioned people walking around minding their own bees wax and then getting teleported to a swamp or falling in a hole where there is none for no reason! Don't get me really started!". He had the look of madness in his eyes.
I threw my hands up in surrender. "Fine, I will see what I can do... But no promises!!!"
*NOTE: Tony's story was too cool to cut out of the change log. So I kept it. --GhostAgent
And thus 8.1 was born. Without any further ado, it is uploading now and gives you:
1) Fixed false positives. As in 100 no false positives. You can safely wonder the earth, or at least not get whisked away to fight for your life when not expecting it.
2) No more heartbeat script. The every 9 second heartbeat is GONE. This was about 25% of the script overhead for this mod. An already light running mod just got even lighter. :-) I use fairy magic instead to detect fast travel. Really.
Scripts Optimized by Slob
New major feature: Vanilla Surface Encounters
Fixed dungeon stealth messages not canceled by mcm no messages option
Tesedit 5.x certified clean
All npcs edited to be aggressive, shameless, and in faction weplayerenemy
Added Hallucination Dire Spider encounter to Dungeon Encounters. This makes 19 possible dungeon encounters that can randomly spawns. Pretty good variety.
Changed Weapons Dealer inventory to be leveled to player
Features the new Slob Hardened Scripts
Features the final (for now) Vanilla Encounter : Falmers
Features a new Falmer Boss: The Accursed One
Features the Redone Cultist Encounter, The Cultists will no longer spawn UNTIL the player completes quest MQ105 . That's "The Way of the Voice". A Substitute Encounter , Mounted Reiklings , Will Be Used Until Then.
Integrated the Wimp level option into Fast Traveling Encounters to avoid hard encouners until player level is higher than wimp level setting.
Added wrapper to Draugr script to block spam in log
Corrected obiskids gho variable that was cauingmajor spam in logs
Added many more error catching wraps in the scripts causing spam
Solved the spamming of logs with "SOT_CloneNPCs.psc" Line 22" Error
Added Burning Inferno Book to game, gives a back story for Burning Inferno
Spider Boss, which can inflict Insanity and induce hallucinations that can kill
Increased Vanilla Spider Encounters
New code added to attempt to stabilize the Vanilla Increased Spawn Feature in general
Removed fireball from player. Was being given as a startup item
Added several npcs to the Do Not Call list. Still getting span each day.
Added Wolf encounters to the mod feature "Increased Spawns), including a large Alpha wolf.
Added Weapon s dealer, adventurer, and Gypsy Merchant to the DoNotClone list
Added dungeon mcm slider to limit spawns from Increased Vanilla Spawns
Fixed Reinforcements being increased by Vanilla Increased Spawns
New Major Feature: Increased Vanilla Encounters - Bandits and Draugr are completed
Fixed corrupted property in rat effect
Fixed craze health stats on cultist encounter - 500 to 900 each , no clue what I was thinking
Redo /reworking of first mcm menu page. Will instead show all 7 heartbeat scripts and for real show wether they have fired in the last 120 seconds. - Completed July 25
to the same mcm page added the frequency the script fire in seconds 8-7
add MCM toggle to block Draugr shouts. - Completed 7-22-2013
Add MCM toggle to quickly temporarily disable Dungeon Encounters when needed. - Completed 7-22-2013
Change name of Fistandantilus to "Braxton Stormcrow " completed 8/1/2013
Add a toggle to disable fistandantilus/Braxton on area change - completed 8/1/2013
Include in this mod the fix for log spammer LvlPredatorScript.psc , with permission from the author, Steve40
Fixed two bugs in Walking Encounters that were blocking the spawning of enemy npcs.
Optimize fx undead npcs, maybe update it. - Done by the Fx author himself! Upated to newest version AND compatible with the main FX mod s it can be used alongside mine. Best of both worlds.
Add 4 new light spells, the vanilla version is pitiful for users using enbs. Wil be sold by the dungeon mage. The mage and the weapons master are coming in handy.- done 8-13-2013
Add toggle to allow SOT unique outfits to be worn even if level is not sufficient - done 8-13-2013
Optimization of heart beat scripts, including having unneeded heartbeat scripts go dormant to conserve resources and minimize ctds
Added MCM option to disable Fast Travel Ambushes . Helpful if player has frequent ctds when fast traveling. But code has been added to avoid that as well, so try it the way it is first.
Added possibility of Treasure Hunters appearing in dungeons
Added a MCM menu option to allow player to change his Dovahkiins carry weight.
Added MCM menu options to stop red or green pills from being added again after they are used or discarded
Added the possibility of a weapon dealer appearing in dungeons with mcm menu slider
Added the possibility of a gypsy mage merchant appearing in dungeon with mcm menu slider
Greatly enhanced / fixed surface increased spawns
Added the DarkOne bow and nico's arrows , with magical varieties sold by dungeon weapon dealer
Added code to avoid running sripts if player is transitioning to another cell, to avoid CTDS
Draman Skeletons will not spawn at all if hard level not reached. The hard level is chosen by player in MCM menu and controls level at which harder spawns in general start.
Added Cultist encounter to surface encounters
Added MCM options for FX Undead Surface Mob attacks. Speed of undead can be change all the way down to 1 percent of original. Stamina will be 50% if option if used.
Added Cultist encounter to dungeon encounters
It is Now Possible for both Burning Inferno and Blade to Appear Together and Help Bane.
Added new power to Bane the Werewolf Hunter
Added Red and Green pill to game. The red pill will allow mod activation after upgrading, the green one.... Well, do not swallow the green one.
Added a third encounter type to Added Spawns (for dungeons) using Undead FX.
Added a new Encounter to Surface/Walking Encounters using Undead FX (undead)
Added a new encounter to Mobs on Surface/Walking Encounters - Live Bandits
Added a fe monsters to "Fell in a Hole' cave. Had become empty.
Fixed all errors exposed by Tesedit 3.029 experimental build
Added a toggle switch to disable spirits. DO NOT USE IT UNLESS YOU MUST.
Debut of ADDED SPAWNS, new encounter type. Random Spawns added on the fly to Dungeons similar to Walking Encounters. offers to start two encounter types, though they include 300 plus npcs.
Single script fix to correct endless khajiit attacks. Sorry guys.
Fixed many many naked people
Fixed story manager mistake where three quests constantly polled all scripts firing (crazy)
Added rats, normal and sick with bubonic plague
Fixed healers, they were broken
Replaced fox with Giant Ferocious Bear, 20% larger and 50% stronger than standard bear
Various bug fixes
Fixed broken quest events that stopped improperly
Vampire's now have must pass a 60% die roll or be replaced by a Band of Brigands. Vampires were appearing too much.
Blighted civilians must pass a 50% die roll or will skip their turn at appearing. Were appearing too often as well.
New: Band of Brigands at night - less powerful than typical SOT spawns but may be up to 8 in a group. Thats 4 more than SOT max of 4.
Added Increasing Spawns toggle to allow cooldown to be randomized.
Fixed naked npcs
Sharlikran fixed injected data, tons of other issues. Will go a looooong way towards minimizing ctds.
Fixed riverwood party bug
Fixed healers named bug
Provides MCM menu with Fast Travel page for players who are upgrading. Not needed if yur menu is fine or you started a new game with 4.9992.
Implemented fix for Vilkas - Simply may turn hostile the moment you enter the training area, even if you're barehanded. He never stops to hand you his sword, but simply fights you to the death.
Finally fixed the bug where Highwaymen would not do anything. They will now demand gold or your life.
Added missing MCM menu page for Fast Travel. Still cannot believe that no one noticed.
Added code to stop player from activating mod if Helgen not completed. Must exit Helgen first.
Corrected mod issues to allow ALL Unofficial Packs to be used with it.
Added a Fletcher in Riverwood. He works there 18 hours and then goes hang out at the Inn. Needed arrows.
Moved my code from PlayerSleepQuest to my own SOT quest event. needed for full Hearthfire compatibility.
Added MCM slider to let player set the base cooldown between walking encounters. Was previously hard coded to 15, which is 5 minutes.
Added Cooldown MCM option for Blade the Vampire Hunter. Made it 20% better chance of appearing, and 50% if skipped over first time.
Added a MCM cooldown option for Burning Inferno, with randomizer feature.
Bane now will get 100 stronger for up to 10 deaths, then will randomly be boosted from 100 to 1000 after that. Stamina boosted as well, speed to leser degree.
Ist Attemtp to correct/ work around carry weigth inferno bug cause by Earth Prison Spell
Fixed Burning Inferno Bug
Added a toggle to disable Walking Encounters.
Added a MCM cooldown option for Bane the Werewolf Hunter, with randomizer feature
Fixed chest menu item, intitially shows chests off when they are on. Causes confusion.
MCM Menu option to only allow Walking Encounters at night
MCM Menu option to toggle DarkSpawns / Blighted so that any attack with hurt them. Not just fire.
Corrected scenario where essential npc is cloned, caused by base form not being essential.
Corrected timing of stealth messages to fire at better times
Added dungeon checks to not spawn waiting encounters if non hostile npcs around
Added code to detect if Skyui is installed. If so, Staff and Ring are not given, and vice versa.
Support for Vilja patch - so she does not block encounters
New Stealth adjustment feature to support players who like to sneak and want to use Increased Spawns
Mcm utility to test mod latency. Perfect for configuring SOT and measuring changes.
Found a script using regular onupdate, changed it to registerforsingleupdate. Took hours to do so, not as simple as it sounds.
Added Sleeping Dangers MCM page
Added Lore MCM page. MCM Menu now complete!
New MCM page for testing
Spirits fine tuned. Cant even find them myself. Makes testing very hard.
Fixed a dungeon script error
Added MCM menu page for Dungeon odds and toggles
Staff of Magius now weights zero by request
My five new healers will now trade in pebbles for potions or Trophy of Greatness
Spirit adjustments and added code to prevent issues
Fixed Highwaymen - hopefully
Added MCM and Staff optiom for a cooldown between Increased Spawns
Changed SOT Vigilants to remove them from faction, avoiding being attacked by them in towns that host them
Added 99 disposition to ghosts, just for completeness sake.
fixed pebble removed message (did before but lost fix when my computer ate the mod esp)
Added a Staff menu option to allow burning Inferno to avenge the death of Blade or Bane
Added code to remove arrows from sot dark brotherhood assassins when killed by player . For game balance sake.
Imported Blighted Civilians to mod.
Added Blighted Civilian encounters in Dungeons
Added blighted citizens to Walking Encounters on the surface
the spirits will no longer detect you in sneak mode, no effect on stealth meter
Fixed talking spirits. No more activation prompt or talking. Also fixed them following you out of dungeons and hanging out.
Modified two Vampire Lords in Wimp mode to be more wimpy
Minor tiny cleaning with TESedit
Added ability for player to select how often the Walking Encounters script should fire off. Default is now 20 seconds, use Staff to change it.
silenced pebble message when pebble is removed (8% chance of pebbles being removed from npcs and thus alowing re-cloning)
Greatly improved mechanism for spawning dungeon Increased Spawns. No longer tied to just xmarkers or coc markers.
Added menu option to allow player to select the level at which normal hard sands of time encounters appear while walking. Mod uses weaker spawns until then.
Added slider to let player set base walking encounters cooldown. Was hard coded to 15 times walking script, about 3 minutes.
Exempted horses from being cloned
Added 5 more lady healers who travel randomly between the inns of Skyrim selling potions and healing patrons
Added the Raistlin robes by Timmy to the mod. The lady Healers use them. Will be sold in the college soon.
Added healer / merchant to Riverwood. Johanna the Healer. For 500 gold she will cure diseases.
Removed Riften faction from Dawnguard hunters
Added merchant in Winterhold College to sell the new Mage robes. 45 different mage robes.
Start of MCM menu, requires SkyUi 3.1 . Work in progress, will be finished someday
Several stability tweaks in scripts
Optimization of main Walking Encounters script, including error traps for the "object not found" errors in logs
Toggle to disable Fast Travel Encounters in the wild (mid trip) added.
Vigilants of Stendarr will now ambush player only if Vampire, Werewolf, or Wearing Daedric Armor
Fixed Killed Bunny Rabbits
Fixed the bug where you change yur mod order and my mod thought it was a new install, resetting your presets
Attempted to fix Orc boss in sleeping encounter not asking for gold and attacking if not bribed
Added two new encounters to night marshes and dungeons, Argonian and Orc Skeletons
Added code to space out spawning of Increased Spawns to stop ctds
Imported Animal Skeletons for use in next version, for now in lelelved lists
fixed code so Increased Spawns will not appear in towns
Added effect to pebble, a little health increase, mainly to keep it from being blank and causing issues
Added 6 more notifications to the existing 2 in Increased Spawns module, did my best to make them first person - for variety
Corrected issue where non hostile npcs were cloned, including summoned minions and assorted stormcloaks, dawnguards, etc
Added optional toggle to ban dragons from being cloned
Added scripts to surface bandit encounters to make sure they attack once spawned
Removed special fx from sandman.
Gave perks to the 2 out of 3 Dark Brother Hood Assassins that did not have any
Implemented Nightmare Spawns Lite in SOT - Walking Dangers done
Added menu options to configure the new Increased Spawns feature.
Added dragon eggs to all Draman undead
Added a toggle to for NPCs not to use the new armors or weapons
Walking Dangers has the above toggle now implemented
Changed animal encounters to stop different types attacking together. Instead, animals will now appear in packs
Forgot to zero out the old Walking script
Includes all patches made for 4.8x
Includes refreshed menu and walking script to allow upgrading
Added Armored Skeletons to Waiting Encounters in dungeons
Deleted un-neccesary invisible zombies
Removed test notifications regarding marsh. Sorry... Must install 4.80 first
Added night time marsh/swamp encounters with Chaurus, Chaurus Reaper, and Chaurus Hunters
Added Draman to general lore toggle
Draman encounters restricted to mountain areas
Added Refugees to general Lore toggle
Programmed alternate encounter type if refugees are blocked by Lore toggle
•Added night time marsh/swamp encounters with 20 different types of armored undead including liches
Added menu option to disable punishment when killing refugee
Same as first five items listed for 4.8
Fixed Walking Encounters, which I broke in 4.70
Removed remaining Death Mage Robe Recipe
Burning Inferno will not cast Earth Prison if player is mounted
Removed Silver Hands from Lore toggle, it has its own toggle now
Added option to use Lore Friendly Vampire Hunters
Added option to use Lore Friendly Werewolf Hunters
Added Toggle to disable Vampire Hunters
New nighttime encounter added - The Draman, skeletal and lich creatures that were once half human and half dragon
Baby dragons can be hatched form eggs carried by the Draman shades
Baby dragons can be found, added to rare ingredients leveled list
Baby dragons can be bribed to be companions with food. Short term memory though.
Deleted more recipes that were added accidentally
Fixed broken sleeping animation caused by my aggressive cleaning with tesedit 5
Enabled in Fast Travel encounters the toggle to spawn only half as many npcs
With help from varakz super cleaned the mod using TesEdit5 - no more bad edits, dirty edits, etc.
Burning Inferno gets another new summons
Added menu option to Ring of Danger which will give player the Staff of Magius
Expanded on Treasure chests dropped by some of my npcs. Now you can try to open them with regular lock-picks or use lock-smithig perks.
Deleted most armor recipes added by my importing armor. I rather you download their mods for that.
Added another condition to make sure scripts are not dynamically assigned to quest npcs.
Added possibility of Burning Inferno coming after Thieves and Assassins
Made it more dangerous to retrieve earth tome spell book
Added menu toggle for Inferno's shield
Fixed refugees not working properly, godess Mara giving blessings for no reason
Integrated the Innocents feature properly so it uses the kill switch and starts off inactive.
Added new menu option to decrease or increase spawns per encounter while walking
Added support for sneaking in walking encounters. The higher the sneaking/stealth perks the further away the hostiles will potentially spawn.
Added a toggle for a less deadly Burning Inferno to the "in game" menu
fixed innocent encounters issue with helgen and followers, etc.
Inferno has a new tactical spell.
Added a new menu option under Walking section, allowing user to deffine a cooldown period of 0 to 120 minutes between encounters. This is not the same as setting encounter odds.
Burning Inferno 2.0 - one additional power and deadlier fighting style
Courtesy of Grimulkan, sleeping animation redone to make it easy to uninstall. This is a major improvement.
Courtesy of Grimulkan, general mod cleanup as far as npcs and edits go.
Restored woozy sleepy effect when player first wakes up and is not using the sleeping animation
Corrected walking encounters bug where dead npcs counted as being alive and thus blocked new encounters
Added attacks by Boethia Worshippers if you fail the quest Boethia's Calling (a level 30 quest).
Added missing facegen data, thanks to sdfgsdjfasdjk for compiling it
Programmed spanking new menu to adjust odds and toggles, replaces Sandman
Gave Waiting Encounters its own Odds variable, used to share the Sleeping In Dungeons one
Tweaked Blade some more
Fixed sleeping animation not working in newest Skyrim
Implemented Burning Inferno, champion of the Innocent and Blade's lover
Added toggle for Burning Inferno in menu
If Player kills an innocent person Burning Inferno will avenge the death. This includes citizens, shop keepers, kids, etc.
Added Paladin Re-Textured Silver Blue Armor for Bane
Added Stricken attackers to Walking Encounters
Changed Magnus armor bonus from 300 to 50 and lowered value of Magnus armor
corrected default state of displaying notification messages to On, not off as done by accident in 4.0
Added Force Bow for Bane to use
Gave Bane 1 new ability/power
Fixed names of Rune Swords (carried by Blade)
Added preliminary support for Lore toggle to block things like Blade, Bane, Fire mages, etc. May or may not do more with this, not my focus
Lowered value of all new armors to avoid cheating
Fixed a bug in Waiting encounters
Sandy will no longer appear and knock objects around. A gentle summoning.
Added more options for Blade to deal with different attacks. Work in progress. Tactician users are defeating his deadly on one gifts.
Fixed Invisible Vigilants
When sparing the life of a refugee, only a potion will be awarded. The gift of healing went too far and removed vampirism and werewolf curse!
Added Staff of Magius to the game, a second way of activating the mod if Sandman does not feel like talking. Will also cast Mage Light , of course. One time use as far as mod activation, from then on usable for light. Complete with Shirak! and Dulak!
Added Thalmore Assassins to Walking, Sleeping, Fast Travel, and Waiting Encounters
Added Vigilant of Stendarr attackers to Sleeping, Walking, Waiting, and Fast Travel Encounters
Added Dawnguard Vampire Hunters to Sleeping, Walking, and Fast Travel Encounters
Improved uninstall feature with additional code
No Walking encounters if in Vampire Castle or Dawnguard Fort so as not to upset Dawnguard quests
Made it mandatory to be level 20 to wear Magnus armor and to have Arcane Smithing perk in order to craft it
Fixed sandman menu option that was doubled for walking encounters. Minor fix.
Corrected issues with Refugees, will work correctly now
Made Trio of Death mages always attack when spawned even if spawned by different mod
Made Hunters always attack when spawned even if spawned by differrent mod
Added new gorgeous Daedric crossbow for Blade with level limiter for player
Added code to Vampire Hunters to they will always spawn gunning for the player
Added three more locations to the No Spawn list for Walking Encounters: DLC1DimhollowCryptLocation-DLC1_AncestorsGladeLocation-DLC1SoulCairnLocation
Added vampire attackers to Walking Encounters. At night, of course. Includes fearsome Vampire Lords.
Blade and Bane have discovered they are brothers separated at birth. Will help each other occasionally.
Added toggle for encounter messages. Removes the "You are Attacked by Bandits" and others.
Added Blade the Ultimate Vampire Slayer with The Sword of Runes. Beware if you are a Nosferatu.
Added new robes for Trio of Death Mages
Added six new helmets, one to be used for Vampire Hunters
Added description in Sandman Walking odds so player knows higher number means less spawns.
Added Uninstall Option in Sandman Menu to allow this mod to be propely deactivated
Added a level 20 check needed to wear new armors, i.e. Dark Brotherhood and Silver Armor
Changed Sandman summoning effect to minimize impact on surrounding objects
Added Trio of Death Mages to Walking Encounters, Fast Travel, Waiting
Added new Armor for Vampire Hunters
Added Vampire Hunters to Walking Encounters, Fast Travel
Added rewards and punishments for letting refugees live or killing them. The Godess Mara watches over them.
Sandman menu options added to set your own odds for Walkling Encounters. Need to adjust two values equivalent to two 100 sided dice rolls.
SilverHand Bane: Added scripted anger management problems, he will not stay calm for longer than 20 seconds before attacking again. And there is a 20% chance he will use health potions when dying.
Removed accidentally added script aaarelax.pex.
As requested by StayFrosty05 increased the Silver spawn frequency up a notch
Dressed up naughty naked hunters.
Added attacks by Refugees, more rare than other attacks. Objectively is NOT to kill them.
If player is a member of the Dark Broherhood the Dark Brotherhood ambushes are canceled
Once again fixing Orc of a million pelts. This time made his inventory fully automatic.
Silverhands - if spawned on player who is not a werewolf they will self destroy
Fixed bug where Dovahkin thinks he owns all the beds in Skyrim
If snowing, there is now the chance of a Frost Troll attack
New 5th setting for spawns: "Frosty" mode. Will make walking encounters almost never. Almost.
Merged Masters of Death - Rise of the Brotherhood armor mod with mine to allow Dark Brotherhood attackers to look like high end assassins
Cooldown feature for both Silvers and general walking encounters to allow combat to start and avoid double attacks
Silvers will retreat to "home base" if too far from player, avoiding a growing silver population
Built in uninstall for users of 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 - Will negate the ghost script saved in game and allow upgrading without a new game
New kill switch added, console command "set kill35 to 5" will disable all running scripts allowing for a clean save and uninstall.
Authentic fake animations enabled for getting into bed. Works ok, better than the black screen.
Added toggle to turn off the bed animations once you get sick of them
Made a Sandman Option for controlling walking encounter spawns (to a degree)
Horses and Animals not counted as NPC's for purpose of Spawning Enemies. Was causing there to be no spawns when riding a horse.
Made Silverhands more rare, and increased time between attacks even more.
Fixed water spout by Riverwoood that was floating in mid air
Fixed Hunter Orc with 1,000,000 pelts.
Added forsworn attacks to Walking Encounters
Added toggle in Sandman for Silver Hands
Added Dark Brotherhood Assassins to walking encounters. They only attack after sundown.
Major bug fix for Walking Encounters. Requires a very clean save.
Removed paralysis attack from 3 of the 4 Silver Hands
The 4th Silver Hand, Bane, will appear even more rarely that in 3.2
The Silver Hand hunters are limited to two if attacking while you sleep
Made the Silver Hand armor resistant to shock attacks
Made appearances by Silver Hand Bane more rare
Toggling off the Walking Encounters will now totally disable the script/quest associated with it.
Added Orcs and Animal Predators to Walking Encounters
Walking Encounters will never happen if there are any NPC's nearby. Too many townspeople were dying.
Lowered armor rating of Silver Hands, to make it more fair.
Fixed Silver Hand Weapon bug where if you dropped sword you still died
Major new feature: Walking Encounters
Fixed Silver Hand Sword bug where dropping sword instead of unequipping it still killed you
Altered members of Riverwood so they stop jumping into every fight, except for guard and stormcloak
Reduced Silver Hand hitpoints by half
Silver Hands now will appear in fast travel encounters in staggered form, not at the same instant
Chance of encountering silver hands reduced from 50% to 25%
Less likely for all four silverhands to appear together
Note: They are still deadly, attack them from a distance!!!
Same as 2.71 . Don't ask.
Fixed major bug in sleeping ambushes
I also expanded the number of safe location markers to 6, and removed the recharging period. When marking spots the location marker will cycle through all six and then start over from 1.
Added Silver Hands Werewolf Hunters. Very deadly opponents.
Beefed up the young warriors so the puppies will stop killing them. 8-/
Fixed minor bug in Sandman Menu
Added new Silver Sword used by the Silver Hand Hunters
Added a Sandman toggle to enable / disable Young people
Added Forsworn ambushers to take the place of the Young toons if they are toggled off.
Added 3 more encounters, 1 for sleeping and 2 for fast travel.
Melooo kindly fixed the problems with Younger people, making it compatible will all mods AFAIN. No more armor conflicts
Half the file size thanks to Melooo! 115 megs now instead of 230+ megs
Added the modders resource Younger People by sejh. Used it to make young orc bandits.
Attempt to fix naked bandit and mage
Added replacement cave for "fell in a hole" encounter. More lore friendly and cleaner transitions.
Tweaked inventory on many npcs.
Added new encounters to use the young orcs
Fixed occasional naked npcs
Fixed Occasional Weaponless npcs
Tweaked inventory drops for many npcs.
Fixed errors introduced with Waiting encounters. Such as sleep triggering Waiting events.
Added a toggle to the Sandman menu allowing Treasure Chests to be turned off or on
Added trapped treasure chests that can spawn from dead enemies, and can be disarmed
Fine tuned almost all encounters to make them more leveled or more deadlier if appropiate.
Added more custom loot to most encounters
Initial release of WAITING encounters. So far only Dungeons will have them. More to come.
Sandman will now banish if struck by player. For those rare occasions when he wants to hang around and "chill" against your wishes.
major change to sleeping ambushes - now player will sometimes "Hear Something" alerting him before bad guys enter the bedroom or sleeping area.
When ambushed while fast traveling, the npcs will now spawn a random distance from the player - a lot more fun and realistic
Added new Sandman Menu Option which allows the placement of a Mystical Marker (invisible) in any one location where 100% safety while sleeping is desired
(continued) Useful if player has a non standard home added by a new mod
Added new fourth Fast Travel combat area - in a swamp/marsh
Removed rogue esp file in scripts folder that did not belong there
Highway men added. They will be happy to leave you alone if you comply with their requests. Or you can fight. Or say yes and then chase them down and get your gold back.
When activating a bed, if you do so in sneak mode you will bypass animations
Finally found and fixed bug dealing with dialogue quests not being offered!
Fixed road near Riverwood that got accidentally moved all over the place. sigh. Two days to fix it.
Added Vampire Hunters! Vampire players may encounter them while sleeping. More to come.
Fixed bug with more code where occasionally when moving from indoors to outdoors a fast travel encounter would trigger
If you have a companion there is a good chance of a second ambusher while sleeping. More rarely three.
Added option to disable sleep animations/delay/woozy stage using the built in utility Sandman
Added two more fast travel combat areas. One additional woods area, one snowy area. Each area has 16 more additional possible encounters.
Bugfix: Fixed house that I moved by accident at Honningbrew Meadery near Whiterun
New Feature! Fast Travel Encounters while traveling! (simulated, see mod page for more details)
*NOTE: "See mod page for more details was written before the website was made.
Fixed issues in College of Winterhold. Should be working now as expected.
Removed scripts from downlaod that were never meant to be there, including quest.pex. If you have quest.pex in your data folder and is not used remove it.
Added new Fast Travel encounter type, Stormcloaks and Imperials can attack if you take sides and visit the others home town.
Changed messages when attacked in Fast Travel to tell you who specifically is attacking
Initial release of version supporting Fast Travel ambushes! (NEW!)
Thus far there will be bounty hunters if there is a bounty on your head
Otherwise it will be bandits for now and while I rest. This took a LOT of time.
Version 1.10 Adds Jorrvaskr as a separate place wit its own odds and encounters. Mysterious assassins will try to destroy you while sleeping there. Added to Sandman menu so you can control the odds.
New menu option added to Sandman that will display all the encounter odds one after the other. Best I could do, but it works.
Now has the promised menu system to make your own odds. You will be given the "Ring of Danger" when the game starts. Simply equip the ring to summon the Sandman, and use dialogue to change the numbers. Take off the ring to dismiss him.
Added 10 custom encounters if sleeping in Winterhold College. ALL of them will be wit magic users, since only a magic user can get past the defenses.
Set the chance of an ambush 10% if sleeping in Winterhold College (instead of default 20)
Added appropiate encounters for sleeping in a Draugr Cave or Dungeon - 10 more
Changed chance of Warewolf resting to 50% in an attempt to satisfy both sides
Made it so sometimes the aggressors are not alone.
Added 10 new encounters appropriate for Sleeping in a dungeon (foolish to do so to start with!)
Makes the chance of being disturbed 40%. You expect trouble in a dungeon.
Playerhouse is off limits to sleep encounters. May add burglars later.
Chance of encounters at inns reduced to just 3%
Chance of encounters elsewhere is 20% instead of 30%
All poems and stories on this site are created by GhostAgent solely for "Sands of Time" and its properties. All rights reserved.