You have tasted the joy of sadism and experienced the pleasure of masochism and you have a deep dark hunger for more. (If that is really the case, you should seek professional help.)
What it comes down to is you want more SoT! You want new features, you want more toggles, you want to experience the latest and greatest of all that SoT has to offer. Look no further my friend, this page will guide you on how to upgrade SoT so you can continue to experience the beatings that you feel you deserve. Your bruised and battered body need not thank us, you are already welcome.
[NOTICE: Our optimization guru, CrushBoss, has created a very thorough step-by-step guide for preforming a "clean save" and upgrading/installing new mods which utilizes an even newer script-removing utility. If you are interested, you may follow the steps in his guide in place of the following steps. His guide can be found on our site, here.]
Just until recently, upgrading SoT was difficult due to script changes. However, a new program by the name of "Save Game Script Cleaner" created by Hadoram has changed all of that.
Now, it is possible to remove all the orphaned scripts in your game by using the program and and continuing safely. What does this mean? It means that you can uninstall SoT, run the cleaner program and simply re-install the latest version and reactivate (just as if you were installing for the first time). Easy right? That's the idea.
Simply follow these steps: (Make a backup copy of your save before proceeding.)
2) Deactivate SoT from the MCM menu and save your game
3) Remove SoT using your preferred mod manager
4) Open Skrim and load your latest save and ignore any warnings
5) Save your game again and quit (This prepares the old scripts to be removed.)
6) Run the cleaner (Remove any items marked with a pound sign "#".)
7) Download the latest version of SoT and install it using your preferred mod manager
8) Open Skyrim and wait for the MCM menu to inform you that a new menu has registered
9) Open SoT's MCM menu and activate SoT again (wait 4 minutes)
SoT will begin to initialize and alert you that "The Sands of Time" is ready. That's it, you are all set to go. Reset your settings to what you prefer and enjoy the latest that SoT has to offer.
Using this method is the way upgrading had to be done before Hadoram created his wonderful program. Upgrading like this does not safely delete orphaned lines and caution is advised when upgrading to a newer version as some versions are unable to be upgraded due to scripts being changed (streamlined) within the mod.
the most part however, minor versions are safe while major versions are
not. So for example, (usually) upgrading from version 8.5 to 8.6 will
be just fine. However, upgrading from 8.5 to 9.0 probably won't be
(remember, just ask!). When upgrading, the process is very simple.
Just follow these steps:
1) No clean save (no such thing exists)
2) When upgrading to the next version use BSA if you had BSA, loose files if you had loose files.
Upgrade any way you wish as long as the new files replace the old.
Overwriting works as well as uninstalling and immediately reinstalling.
4) Keep the mod order the same. (Seriously.)
That completes the process, you are good to continue your hazardous journey--enjoy.
All poems and stories on this site are created by GhostAgent solely for "Sands of Time" and its properties. All rights reserved.